Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Actually pretty funny..
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Just been to drop my daughter off at school, briefly stopped on the zigzags outside school while she got out. As I pull away a motorbike cop pulls me over and gives me a ticking off for stopping on zigzags (didn’t get out of car and I’d stopped long enough for daughter to get out), tbf he was quite reasonable and it was only 20 seconds or so. I did notice he was looking at me a little strangely though.

When I got home I realised why. Yesterday evening I was clowning around with my kids and my daughter had got a marker and written ‘FOOL’ on my forehead in large blue letters.

I hadn’t yet washed it off….

Northwind

Stoner
    Free Member

briefly stopped on the zigzags outside school

*tuts*

*giggles*
    *then tuts again*

DezB
    Free Member

Do you drive a Z5?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Should have given you a ticket there and then !! end of!! Boils my pi@@ when lazy parents pull up on zigzags shove their kids out of a passenger door and drive off . Those zigzags are needed twice a day and no more , Im not going to even waste time explaining why they are there !! on second thoughts dont fine you just let you use the money to get the marker pen permanently tattooed!!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Do you drive a Z5?

It’ll be a Chelsea Tractor of some sort. If you drive one of those you can pull up/park wherever you want.

cb

Surely this damages your self proclaimed ‘World’s best Dad” status? Given that you tell us frequently about how great you are for not having a job and looking after your kids it also seems that this role is so time consuming that you aren’t able to walk your kids to school or find a safe place to park. Four letter word is fine but the letters are all wrong.

DezB
    Free Member

it also seems that this role is so time consuming that you aren’t able to walk your kids to school or find a safe place to park or look in the mirror before leaving the house…

amedias
    Free Member

So between clowning around with them last night, and taking them to school this morning at no point have you had a wash?

boblo
    Free Member

This was only ever going to go one way….

nealglover
    Free Member

Do you drive a Z5?

BMW Z5

DezB
    Free Member

Oh yeah! Obviously meant a W5 ^^ nice motor that though

bigyinn
    Free Member

Well that would just be shit for the school run, but who would GAS if you had one of them?!

DezB
    Free Member

I’d call them more hexagons than zigzags though

boblo
    Free Member

You probably mean x5. The w5 for dyslexic’s.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah come on now, he had his reprimand from the policeman earlier on, let’s just enjoy the thought of him having fool written on his head while he received it.

GrahamS

Looking forward to seeing loddrik’s guest appearance on “Cops With Cameras” soon 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

Oh yeah! Obviously meant a W5

The Motorola W5 ? 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Y5?

Did you have your hazard lights on?
    You’re allowed to park on zig zags, double yellows, bus stops etc. as long as you’ve got your hazards on. Everyone knows that.

GrahamS

Just out of interest, where did the motorbike cop park?

Pigface
    Free Member

I am guessing loddrik has dished it on some people, lets hope he is one of those people who can take it as well

nealglover
    Free Member

Y5 ?

The Trek Y5 ?

DezB
    Free Member

Dammit! No thats not it.. er… V5 ?

Do you drive a V5 Loddrick?

footflaps

I think cops should be allowed to shoot on site parents who park on zig zags. Sadly my suggestion has not been taken up by ACPO (yet)…

nealglover
    Free Member

Dammit! No thats not it.. er… V5 ?
    Do you drive a V5 Loddrick?

The Sachs V5 ?

Bit small for a school run I would have thought.

DezB
    Free Member

Surely thats it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

The A5?? Watling Street, Watling Street the old Roman Road?? There are zigzags on Watling Street? What? All along the A5?

Thats a lot of paint.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

[/url]IMG_1429 by bodgematic, on Flickr[/img]

W5? Maybe these will help you see the zig zags and the signs that say “No Stopping”! 🙂

stumpy01

Gah! It’s a good job I am not normally at home during the day, as the way people park near the school on my road really boils my widdle.

There’s a sharp left corner (90 deg) then a sharp right corner (90 deg) on the approach to the school. The school is immediately round the right hand corner. Our house in on a short straight bit between the two bends.

The parents park on the approach to the left hander, all the way round the corner itself (so you have to negotiate it on the wrong side of the road) and on the straight bit before the right hander. They don’t park on the right hand bend on the same side of the road because of the zig zags (phew!), but instead just park on the opposite side of the road 🙄 .

I came home from work one day following a coach down the road with all the little darlings on it coming back from a school trip. They had parked so badly that the only way the coach could get to the school was on the wrong side of the road while half on the opposite pavement. Not safe at all.
    I’ve had parent’s getting impatient with me, as I’ve slowed to park on my driveway.
    A colleague of mine left his car outside my house once as I was giving him a lift. When we got back to my house (earlier than normal), the school run was in full swing and they had all still parked in their usual spots even though his car was on the opposite side of the road and parking in their usual spots made the road almost impassable to anything larger than a Golf. Even though his car had been there since about 7am, he got loads of dirty looks from the parent’s presumably due to his ‘irresponsible’ parking.

It’s a long road and there’s plenty of parking further away, but they seem to have to park as close as possible to the school.

Apparently it has been raised plenty of times in the past by the school but no one pays any attention. Last time it was mentioned, one of the parent’s threatened to punch the teacher delivering the mesasge, so I think the school have given up.

tthew

raised plenty of times in the past by the school

[quote] threatened to punch the teacher delivering the mesasge[/quote]I know this is steering the thread away from the OP, but isn’t this the king of issue the local coucil should be tacking with a concerted effort at traffic warden ticketing? Have you spoken to them about it?

MoreCashThanDash

Once a term the school newsletter reminds parents about parking properly, once a year our local bobby – PC Crookes, and I’m not making it up! – has a friendly word with the morons, and then normal chaos resumes

akira

People seem to mostly use hazard warning lights to park on double yellows so they can run into Greggs round here. Bugs me on several levels.

DezB
    Free Member

I know this is steering the thread away from the OP

Yes. Down with that sort of thing.

andyfla
    Free Member

MoreCash does that sort of thing – but then again he does work for the council

dannyh
    Free Member

Or people who don’t know how to use an apostrophe?

🙄

aracer
    Free Member

You do realise that kids nowadays are incapable of walking? Think about that next time you get upset.

nealglover
    Free Member

Yes. Down with that sort of thing.

Indeed. Well said 🙂

fasthaggis

Well done to the OP for landing this on the zigzags

DezB
    Free Member

Or people who don’t know how to use an apostrophe?

Yeah! that’s a man who needs FOOL tattooed on his head! FOOL!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Actually pretty funny..’ is closed to new replies.