Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Aberdeen Pubs
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

People of Aberdeen can you recommend a city centre pub with a good range of malts and some good grub. I have to take a customer out so nothing with that loud pop music, thanks

gonefishin
    Free Member

good range of malts

That would be the grill on Union Street.

As for pub grub, it’s been a while but Blackfriers always used to be pretty good.

trail_rat
    Free Member

blackfriers on castlegate – wouldnt thank you if you took me there as a client :s

whats your budget , your well up queensroad before you get anywhere that fulfils both criteria – malmaison does a damned good job of filling both.

if its at the other end of the budget then 210 bistro on the harbour side for food and round to the grill for some nips – they have an unreal selection.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

TR budget not that important tbh. Probably more upmarket the better

yossarian
    Free Member

the schooner 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

malmaison then. its on the queens road , the posh end of town , its not the city centre perse-maybe 1.5 miles walk/2 minute taxi from union street.

good line up of steaks as well.

aye or the schooner – followed by the moorings , maybe even the fittie bar to round out the night ?

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well he kind of implied pub grub, but for some good food I’d go for Cafe 52 on the green then it’s just a short walk to The Grill. Oh and don’t be put off but the outside of The Grill.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Thanks. I take it the schooner etc is wipe your feet on the way out territory?

Malmaison for food then a few in the Grill sounds like a plan

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Oh and don’t be put off but the outside of The Grill. “

for sure , the usual rules of dont go in a pub with no windows dont apply here 😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Fair enough TR, used to pubs like that in Norn Iron 😀

FG
    Free Member

Malmaison’s miles out! For good steaks nearer the centre you could do worse than Prime Cuts on Crown Terrace.

messiah
    Free Member

For a light dinner with good beer and many whiskys to sit and discuss I would go to Musa… best to book a table as it can be busy.

http://www.musaaberdeen.com/.

The Grill does have amazing whiskys but it’s a very old school pub – one to visit after you’ve eaten.

Unfortunately Blackfriers, The Prince of Wales and many other pubs are now owned by a company that thinks it’s acceptable to churn out the same bland food in all its establishments while peppering the tables with assorted special offer cheap drink leaflets… sad times.

duckman

Is the illicit still (still) on the go, that was my haunt when I did my pg in Aberdeen

chiefinspector
    Free Member

+1 for malmaison. Food is excellent and the range of malt whisky is also very good. Maybe slightly out of town but it a great place to take a client.

trail_rat
    Free Member

glad you said a light dinner , i left musa still hungry messiah. – i dont appreciate fine dining at all though , im the kinda guy thats perfectly happy at garlogie inn or even the douglas arms in banchory 😀 propper pub grub

prime cuts is a good shout , always forget about that place. – i am of the opinion that malmaison steak is better though, pricing isnt wildly different.

juanking

For dinner head to Yatai, trust me the food here is excellent then trundle to the Grill. In fact off to Yatai tonight for a bite to eat. Japanese food isn’t all just sushi, the pork belly, the panko lemon sole and ribs are fabulous. In the grill go for the whisky tours, front of the menu. Sorted.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Aberdeen Pubs’ is closed to new replies.