Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aberdeen Hotels
  • Cletus

Hi,

I need to work for a couple of days in Aberdeen either nextweek or the one following that.

There seems to be a shortage of hotels – all Premier Inns booked and Travelodges wanting over £100 per night.

Is this normal or is there something on that is driving up prices?

Alternative hotels welcome but cannot be too far out as I am flying up there and will be using taxis to get about.

Thanks!

cultsdave
    Free Member

Its the Oil Exhibition. It starts today and is on for 2 weeks. You will be lucky to get anything let alone anything for a decent price. Folk are renting out 1 bed flats for £1000 a week during this time!

grantyboy
    Free Member

It’s Offshore Europe, you’ll be very lucky to find anything for the next few weeks if you do all hotels have bumped their prices right up.

Jake25

Yup all true and as well as Offshore Europe the fact that all the Offshore crews change mid week. Finding a hotel room in Aberdeen is difficult at the best of times. Although if you want one at the weekend it is much easier.

Cletus

Thanks for the replies.

I guess that I will try to postpone my work for a few weeks

Cheers

gonefishin
    Free Member

I don’t think that it’s all offshore europe. That finishes on Friday so anything next week or the week after is just the usual prices. Aberdeen is a busy town and there have always been shortages of hotel rooms.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aberdeen Hotels’ is closed to new replies.