Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • AARRGGHH..bike broke again! what to do now!!
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Got out in the sunshine again today, yippeee, havin a great ride. pinged off a tree stump, fist sized, stopped to catch my breath and discovered that my forks were bent. this is the second time the forks have bent on this make of bike (not gonna say who makes the bike, rigid forks though. i am not a heavy rider, the frame/forks are 6 months old. what should i do, stw collective??

uplink
    Free Member

Put beefier forks on it?

Why the reluctance to say what bike it is?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

beefier forks will not fit, they are longer than normal (29er). love the bike, dont wanna bad mouth the company.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

so you’ve broken the same part from the same company twice? And yet you still don’t want to badmouth their products?

FWIW ive taken a road bike (abeit slowly) down th beast and it survived so they must be pretty rubbish.

nukeproof
    Free Member

dont wanna bad mouth the company.

Well don’t then…who asked for a rant? A name will do! 🙂

(Failing that, an ‘unbranded’ pic of the fork will do)

taka
    Free Member

bet is an apollo or a raligh and imbarresed to admit youve got one 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

I take it they’re rigid thingies?

Fit bouncy bits for freeride lite like pinging off tree (sapling) stumps

lookmanohands
    Free Member

first ride out when i built the bike, the forks bent forward. contacted the (british) company, said they never seen this before and sent me a new pair next day. not used this bike much, out on it today forks bend back. not contacted the company yet dont know whether to ask for a full refund of try forks again. all of the trails i ride i have ridden on a cx bike so they aint that knarly!!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Take them back to them in person, demand a refund adn don’t leave until you get one as they are clearly not fit for purpose.

Then buy some proper ones

freeandsingle
    Free Member

hmm, in my (limited) personal experience, forks bent forwards means flat landing, forks bent backwards means frontal impact (I’ve achieved both over the years) Is it possible that this ping was more of a prang? I’d have thought that a ping was so usual that it would not bear mentioning in this context unless you believe that it may somehow be related to the bent forks..?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

i know what your saying about the forks bending forwards/backwards from different impacts but i am 100% sure that this is not the case. how bumpy is too bumpy for a “mountain” bike

uplink
    Free Member
    lookmanohands
    Free Member

wrong! the on-one forks are bomb proof! oh and i sold those and the frame a while ago! nice try though

freeandsingle
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a Singular, their forks look beautiful but skinny!

Megatron

my Singular seems to have done ok and I’ve had it about 6 months now…
    (runs off to check forks)

Goz
    Free Member

But you are a knarly dude, you should know better than to re-invent yourself on a poncey 29er, get back on a proper bike with proper size wheels…you know it makes sense!….

MrNutt
    Free Member

looks nervously at this thread…

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Nothing to be nervous about here, we are all one big happy family 😆

zaskar
    Free Member

Kona?

What do you want? exchange or a refund?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘AARRGGHH..bike broke again! what to do now!!’ is closed to new replies.