Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • A what UST tyre thread.
  • sv

So Tubeless rims on the way what will they be best used with – for a Pitch on mostly rock/soil conditions prefer to stay towards less rolling resistance 😉

Have looked at Schwalbe NNs and Fat Alberts how big do they size up? Like Maxxis but the UST range is quite small and Conti seem to be that bit more expensive than the already expensive tyres!

nickegg
    Free Member

2.35 Maxxis Ignitor and 2.1 Crossmark on my Lapierre Zesty. So far they seem a great combo for trail centres/rockier places. Crossmark is very fast rolling but seems to grip well under braking too.

Want to get another UST wheelset for my Handjob which i use for local muddy/rooty singletrack. Thinking a 2.35 High Roller Super Tacky on the front and 2.1 Advantage on the rear for that.

I don't think the Maxxis range is that limited really. At least i've found ones i'm happy with.

mboy
    Free Member

Don't just limit yourself to UST tyres. Plenty of tyres (mainly Maxxis, but a couple of other brands too) in non UST variant have a tight and reliable enough bead to be run tubeless with some sealant in.

Daffy

High Rollers in 2.35

13thfloormonk

The 2.1 ADvantages are very fast rolling, at least compared to the 2.35 non UST ones.

This is probably due to the harder compound though, will wait to see how that handles on wet roots and rocks…

Houns

Conti Rubber Queens 2.2 FTMFW!

the_lecht_rocks

Fat Alberts here – absolutely brilliant tyre. strong carcass, wondrous edge grip and nice turn in.
    works well in NE Scotland and Glentress, etc.
    recommended.
    i also run Ardents which are sketchy in comparison. nasty tyre imo.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

loving my Eskars at the mo

RealMan
    Free Member

+1 for rubber queens.

anc
    Free Member

Fat alberts are a great tyre and the new front and rear versions are even better despite the dodgy review on bikeradar which made me think twice before getting them. Think the reviewer must have ran them high pressure as the perform better at lower pressure. Absolutely brill on lakeland rock wet or dry. They also roll really well for a big tyre.

Hairychested
    Free Member

We have some Geax UST tyres in the shop, they seem very good.

ivantate
    Free Member

Anyone running Kenda DTC tubeless?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A what UST tyre thread.’ is closed to new replies.