• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ton.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • a week in france……………hotel help.
  • ton

gonna have a week in france, probably following the coast down to brittany.
    honfluer, st malo, carnac……think we want to stay a couple of nights at each maybe.

when i have been to france in the past we have stayed at novatels and ibis hotels.
    is there a better chain of hotels without going too expensive.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Novatel & Ibis are probably mid range of the chain hotels, there ar4e cheaper, but you'll notice the difference (Campanile, Formule 1 etc). If you want some cleanliness, comfort, without silly money, stick with Ibis.

DrJ

Don't think so. Just stayed at an Ibis in Strasbourg and it was pretty comfortable for the price. French hotels are much better value than UK

gusamc
    Free Member

I'd reccomend this lot, easy and straight to deal with, poss lower spec than reqd
    http://www.citea.com/Site/HomePage,en.html?trk=1

I was working so was after cheap accom -it's an aparthotel by the way, so has some catering facilities in my case

nickjb
    Free Member

There are some pretty good and cheap b&bs rather than the big chains. Just pop into the local tourist office. Might be worth watching 'coast' now as well as they are doing the same tour.

trailmonkey

nickjb +1

Just google the b&b's.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Friends just got back from France they said it was fooking expensive! apparently it was cheaper to drink beer than coffee, so all is good then! 😆

UncleFred
    Free Member

Try and get a Logis book or look at logishotels.com they list hundreds of hotels all over France. Mostly 2 or 3 star. All the hotels are privately owned. Stayed in a couple a few weeks ago and both were good.

St Malo can be expensive if you stay within in the walls. We stayed in Hotel Du Louvre in June for 80Euros. Not bad but very central. It gets a bit cheaper if you stay outside of the walls.

St Servan is walking distance and has a couple of good hotels. Manoir Du Cunningham has some expensive suites and some cheaper rooms. There are a couple of very good reasonably priced restaurants on the Solidor beach side. Make reservations earlier in the day though.

If you eat within the walls look for a busy restaurant and go there. Most of fixed price menu's and Sea food is a speciality.

Whatever you do though. When in St Malo do NOT leave anything in your car.

I love St Malo.

One more thing to add. We didn't prebook anything when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and found it quite hard to find hotels with vacancies, and there were quite a few that although still have signs by the side of the road, had closed down.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

If you ever been inside then you'll feel at home in a formula 1.

ton

sorted now…………booked a caravan near mach instead……. 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘a week in france……………hotel help.’ is closed to new replies.