Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • A tale of shock and horrow in my gyms changing room
  • AdamW
    Free Member

At least he was trying to look his best!

Worst for me in a changing room was a bloke changing a nappy. The place stank to high heaven. And yes, there were baby changing rooms.

Oh, and post-pubescent girls getting changed with their dads in the mens’ changing room (14-15 year olds). I did complain about that one; even if there were valid reasons there were family rooms to use.

konabunny
    Free Member

It was 7:45 last night and…

…I’ll be back about 7:30 tonight so I can be just as horrified and outraged again.

ads-b
    Free Member

i will keep my eye out for him tonight. 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I know of a chap whose bits and bobs dropped through the slats of the bench whilst in the sauna. When he stood up he took the bench with him. 😯

When I was a gym member you got the occassional fella who “forgot” that the steam room/sauna were mixed and would parade around with their knackers out.

Sidney
    Free Member

Nothing useful to say except ouch to HtS, making my eyes water.

Also, do you think the Massive helmet clearance ad from CRC is matched to some keywords in the thread?

Sid

ads-b
    Free Member

I got an ad for a romantic city break for 2 on my ad banners. Hope its not assessing my subconcious

soobalias
    Free Member

HtS

that image will haunt me for hours
    never have i heard a more valid reason for wearing something/anything in a sauna

Sidney
    Free Member

Actually, just thought. I had something similar happen to me at work the other week.

There is a changing room/toilets on site near the workshops. Joggers and cyclist use it but it is probably mainly used as toilets with the two areas separated by a wall with sinks either side. I got out of the loo to find a bloke standing starkers and shaving his face on the toilet side of the room. It’s not what you want to see mid afternoon at work!

philconsequence
    Free Member

never have i heard a more valid reason for wearing something/anything in a sauna

+1squeelion.

Sidney
    Free Member

Being half Finnish I would always prefer to go in sauna without clothes, though that story makes me think twice!

timwillows
    Free Member

Unfortunately, with our scanners being down yesterday, I have no way of tracing the above

What are these scanners in the changing room?

emsz
    Free Member

Pissing myself 😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

I finished my workout the other evening and wearily made my way to the changing room to be greeted by the sight of a hairy, Danny DeVito alike stood naked in front of the mirror, blow drying his testicles with one foot hoiked up on a bench.

I experienced a level of nausea and disgust I haven’t known since the last time I accidentally tuned in to The Parliament Channel.

s
    Free Member

So what happened to the shavings?

Taff
    Free Member

It’s topics like this that get emailed about to pass the working week! Had several people at my gyms told to leave for shaviing including my brother in law. Granted that was only his face in a steam room but still.

ads-b
    Free Member

I will collect them for you next time if you really want? (at considerable cost) Unfortunately they went down the sink this time, so am unable to recover them for you.

philconsequence
    Free Member

thats a point, shaving = risk of blood = risk of cat AIDs being passed around. most gyms dont allow it, even if it is just the face?

Mantastic
    Free Member

I shave the old chap and sack on a regular basis, wife loves it. Certainly would be doing it down the gym, a bit wrong if you ask me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nuffield – not Cannons by any chance. Some funny sights in those changing rooms especially Thursday nights in the upstairs changing rooms!!

atlaz
    Free Member

phil – Really? I used to use the gym, shower and shave before work. Never saw the point of doubling up on the ablutions. The only proviso was if you were shaving, you couldn’t use their towels.

Now the bloke in the sauna in my gym who left a skid mark on the pine bench… that was ugly.

Cougar

I shave the old chap

You have a hairy old chap? 😯

ads-b
    Free Member

Oh, and there is a guy at work who washes his bits in the sink (see email from someone else below to facilities) Another real story.

Paul,

This is a bit of a delicate matter, but it’s one I feel I should report.

I have previously heard rumours of a member of staff washing himself after going to the toilet; by which I mean more than his hands. I’m sure you appreciate what I’m saying and that I don’t need to spell it out. I had always assumed this was an ‘urban myth’, but recently experienced seeing it myself in the 1st floor toilet, which was obviously fairly unpleasant. This morning one of my colleagues also experienced it – suggesting it’s now quite a common occurrence.

Putting aside my obvious concerns over the whole hygiene issue, it would not exactly be good publicity should a client see anything like this going on.

I think you can probably guess who it is that I’m talking about, though I will confirm it if you need me to.

If you were able to take this matter up with the relevant person I would be grateful.

Regards,

mrben100
    Free Member

I do believe this is in the wrong thread

Perhaps?

andywoods
    Free Member

ever considered the poor guy might be trying to get rid of the hair to try and make his manhood look bigger, but hell yes wouldnt be going to that gym anytime soon, but now that you mention it me going to any gym is a stupid idea

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh, and post-pubescent girls getting changed with their dads in the mens’ changing room (14-15 year olds).

Did you tell them to come back in a few years?

defydude
    Free Member

It’s why I don’t go to gyms. Too much politics.

Philby

Guy at our gym on Wednesday night was shaving his butt cheeks – I couldn’t believe what I was seeing until a couple of other people commented how inappropriate it was. The same guy also has the appalling habit of clearing his throat and chest in that incredibly loud and hawking sound and then loudly spitting the contents of his clearance into the shower.

yunki
    Free Member

all the public genital shaving is a bit gross.. I wouldn’t have made a complaint to the management though..

I think I would have asked him if his shower was broken at home maybe.. or coughed ‘CRABS’ repeatedly until he looked around and then blamed it on someone else..

andywoods
    Free Member

why not wait till he trys it again and give him an accidental nudge as your passing just wait till the razors in contact with skin

konabunny
    Free Member

I got out of the loo to find a bloke standing starkers and shaving his face on the toilet side of the room.

There was a unisex toilet and changing room at my old workplace. Obviously the intelligent thing to do would be to change in the toilet and only do minor faffing in the changing room (tie tie, change shoes, whatever).

My (female) colleague was constantly walking into the changing room and finding (male) colleagues prancing around in their sweaty y-fronts.

aracer
    Free Member

There was a unisex toilet and changing room at my old workplace. Obviously the intelligent thing to do would be to change in the toilet and only do minor faffing in the changing room (tie tie, change shoes, whatever).

So the only cubicles were toilets? What’s the point of that then? What exactly are you supposed to “change” in the changing rooms?

konabunny
    Free Member

Okay – think of it this way – there was a larger unisex cloakroom/locker room. Off the cloakroom/locker room, and only accessible through that room, was a single occupancy toilet (room with walls and floor to ceiling door, not a cubicle). HTH.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I think this is why we have the “no shaving” signs in the sauna – obviously you can’t shave your face in there – the mirror would steam up.

True disgrace though, you’re meant to just rest your tackle on a warm flannel over the edge of the sink.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘A tale of shock and horrow in my gyms changing room’ is closed to new replies.