Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • A STW bike: let's make it fly
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

Wowza, this is getting bigger and bigger! Thanks very much to everyone who's offering to donate stuff.

Muchos gracias also to friends, old and new, who are vouching for me not being a scumbag.

I need to shower and eat, but will write more and organise things a little later on.

Cheers guys!

bananaworld
    Free Member

Howdy all!

I'v ben collating the offers we have so far and I rckon we nearly have a bike. Here's the essential bits and who has offered to supply them:

Frame – alexpalacefan; heathenwoods; shackleton (well done all of you!)

Forks – heathenwoods; dobbo.

Wheels – fingerbike (disc-only so who above has a disc frame and forks…?)

Tyres – petewhoclimbs.

Brakes – mboy (V-brakes which we'll need if we can't get a disc frame and forks)

Shifters – bregante; muddydwarf.

Mechs – chatsworthmusters; dobbo; muddydwarf (any ideas of front mech clamp diameter & if they're top or bottom pull guys?)

Chainset – shredder; shackleton.

Chain & cassette – silverpigeon.

Stem – dobbo.

Bars – bigsi.

Seatpost – shackleton.

Wrenching – ianpinder (good lad! + I can do one if there's to be more than one bike… :-))

Thanks for all the offers so far, good effort! If you're mentioned above, could you just repost to confirm you still have the bits and are willing to post them to where they need to go.

Lastly, importantly, keep ideas coming for the noble cause this bike can go towards helping.

bigsi & mboy – great to meet you guys the other day, hope you had fun cleaning all your gears and mechs and suspension 😉

steelfan – hope your new hoops are spinning well, and thanks for your vote of confidence! Everyone else – I offer a low, low price (pay me in biscuits!) expert wheel-building service.

Phew, getting there, getting there!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ive got a 9 speed cassette and some old grips lying about if you need them. Let me know an address to post to and i'll get them in the post sometime soon. May also have some other bits too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jammy111
    Free Member

I live in durham so could get the frame off shackleton and do any spannering that needs doing to add the other parts to the frame. i'm a student so got plenty of time. Plus it saves on posting the most costly part of the bike somewhere to get built up. someone PM me if this is any use.

James

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I will be taking them off the bike this weekend ready to post to wherever you say bananaworld

juan
    Free Member

i think this thread deserves a bump…
    BUMP

Dobbo

I'll bung 'em in the post when you want them mate. 8)
    I'll ping you an email.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Brilliant stuff guys!

I'm disappearing for a loooong weekend of getting rained on but will see how things stand in a few days time.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘A STW bike: let's make it fly’ is closed to new replies.