Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • A roadie groupset question
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just had a read of Mark Webbs comments on Campag, over on cxmagazine. Sounds a little vague, but implies they won't cover warranty if used off road. Could be just the States though.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I've got veloce on my roadie, but the only time I've ridden another road bike it had dura-ace. I didn't like the moving brake lever/shift mechanism at all, so went for the campag build. Might be something you get used to though.

oldgit
    Free Member

Can't see much evidence of Campag being used much by pro teams, and I think Campag have stopped colour coding official team shifters? which makes it harder to spot.

yoda
    Free Member

shimano compatable, groupset, suitable for cross,(Roy Hunt's using it,plus others)You could get your chosen bike,sell the groupset and swap to this and not lose any money!!
    Equivalent microshift groupsets are way cheaper than Shimano!

Jimbo
    Free Member

Madison have them in stock so you can get them. Maybe not at a discounted price though.

And it was said discouts I was holding out for! With the arrival of 6700 and being available for £450ish, I was hoping for complete 6600 groupsets to get a lot cheaper. Sadly…

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

As per Crazy Legs on page 1 of this thread, a lot of it comes down to the shape of the shifters – I like Campag, Shimano shifters feel too big for my hnads, and the campag lever set up works well for me, but in all honesty I've ridden campag for maybe 10 years and shimano road stuff for maybe 1 hour, so I'm not really helping here!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘A roadie groupset question’ is closed to new replies.