Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • A reason to be sad…
  • SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Nick Griffin – incase it wasn’t totally obvious.

I am worried that:
    1) I might eventually have to choose between my dual nationalities
    2) All my friends will be deported
    3) The UK will be a laughing stock

I mean, have you read their policies? Who would vote for these people?

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Yes a reason to be very sad indeed. I guess the un-educated, ill-mannered and bigot would vote for them.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Who would vote for these people?

The same stupid, ignorant, bigoted, xenophobic idiots that always do but the difference in this election is that the normal people stayed at home. Always the case when apathy takes over it always gives the fringe/extreme political parties the chance to get in a position of power.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dalepoint
    Free Member

i had them post a leaflet through my door this year. opened the door to give the rubbish bacck as I did not want it in my bin even. found the brave candidate had employed the services of his 6-8 year daughter while he bravely stood at the end of the close to avoid any conflict as i had a go at him the previous year for putting his filth through my door. cowards was missed of the list above.

RoterStern
    Free Member

The German version of the BNP, the NPD, put all their party political banners right at the top of all the lamp posts in all the towns and cities so no one could exercise their democratic right to rip them down.

rOcKeTdOg

didn’t the BNP get less votes than last time?, was it just the apathy of the voters by not turning up to put their mark got them in?

tinker-belle
    Free Member

A conversation between a colleague/friend who voted for them and myself

Me: But why would you vote for them? Have you read their policies? They’d want to deport people like me and your boyfriend (saffer and french)

Her: No it’s ok you’re white

Walk away shaking head…. How can you argue with someone who on so many levels seems fairly normal and intelligent and then comes up with a load of B*******S like that?

rOcKeTdOg

pardon my ignorance, but what is or are ‘saffer’?

mugsys_m8

South African

AndyRT
    Free Member

I agree with RocketDog!

To all those who decided not to vote, well done! Your political ‘statement’ has given a voice to a group that desrves no voice.

I really hate politics, but it seems we are obliged to take part to make sure that unthinking, immoral reprobates such as Mr Griffin are never allowed to be in the room where policies are made that affect all of our lives.

These are very sad times

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m from Scandinavian and Irish stock, and married an African woman so my children are brown. So that’s me and mine for the boot. Hasn’t this country thrived on waves of immigration for the last 1500 years ?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Their families policy is a bit scary too.

It’s written by a fathers for justice activist. Such lovely things as making single parents homeless, banning gay civil partnerships, forcing divorced couples both to have access to the child even if it is not in the best interests of the child, legalising marital rape etc. etc.

Obviously they want to basically make it impossible or incredibly difficult to marry foreigners too.

I guess not very many people vote for them who actually read the policies though.

Joe

Coyote
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member
    I’m from Scandinavian and Irish stock, and married an African woman so my children are brown. So that’s me and mine for the boot

There is an up side then. 😆

richc
    Free Member

I wonder if the muppets (and there was a lot of them on here) who thought that spoiling their ballot pape, or as a protest didn’t bother voting think they were so clever now.

Coyote
    Free Member

A good point well made Rich. However I would say that it is the responsibility of the main parties to re-engage the voters and enthuse them so they *want* to vote. After all the expenses fraud of recent months I’m not surprised that the turn out was low or ballot papers spoiled. Far better that this happened at Euro elections where these dickheads won’t be able to do any damage than at an important local or general election. Hopefully Lab, Con and Lib will wake up now.

Obviously not before SFB has been deported though.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    pardon my ignorance, but what is or are ‘saffer’?

I am..

And, no it doesn’t mean Fat & Bald either.. 😳

richc
    Free Member

Obviously not before SFB has been deported though.

obviously

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Abstaining from politics because it is boring/irrelevant/dull/etc is an irritatingly fatuous comment. Whether you like it or not, practically every aspect of your life is, to a greater or lesser degree, effected by politics.

Educate yourself in what the parties stand for, engage in the debate and process, and through this you can effect real change. Bleating about how unfair and wrong it all is on a cycling forum is not likely to keep out those whom you oppose.

But whatever you do, make sure you use your vote – a lot of people have fought and died during the past few hundred years to give you that opportunity.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Thin end of the wedge, leading to take-over by BNP activists, or STW/media hysteria based on a couple of seats falling to them due to apathy. Answers on a postcard…

beanum

I wouldn’t vote for him. He used to drive a Montego Estate. 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Looking at the videos, I have a sneaky suspicion that his Mum still cuts his hair.

igm

I could end up agreeing with SfB here. Immigration put the great in Great Britain.
    From the Romans and Celts onwards (and probably before that but hey you know what I mean).
    It’s given us new bits of language, thinking, eating; it’s build our economy and helped defend our shores when things looked bad.
    Equally emmigration rocks too, which, while it has caused the odd problem over the years, has generally given good things to the world in the end – except America of course 😉 and I think the Scots (I’m one) have to take a lot of the blam for that one (check out who actually wrote things like the Declaration or the Constitution, where they grew up and where they were educated).
    People before countries.

igm

Course as a Scot living in Yorkshire I would say that

MrK
    Free Member

i hear that humans evolved in africa first. so i think everyone should be deported and the UK turned into a no-people nature reserve. seems like the only logical conclusion… 😕

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

rodgerthecat – I agree with you on people voting, in that ultimately ever vote matters.

I worked for the Electoral Commission a couple of years back campaigning and increasing awareness of this fact.

I am however somewhat jaded by the sense that we have such a lack of faith in our MPs/MSPs, that instead of voting for a party we truly believe in, we are just opting for the party that appears to be the least crooked. The main aim being to push the push the opposition (the opposition relevant to this thread being scary nationalists) out. All very resistance-esque if you ask me. I see a pattern in that well informed people are possibly becoming less party political as we use our votes as a defence against lunatics.

*sighs*

juan
    Free Member

Well my opinion about that (remember th FN which is is french BNP have mp’s in the EU too):

Not voting is bad. Because the tool/lost guy that vote for the BNP will be voting. Every single one of them. That is actually what makes the strength of such party. Then you have the people that vote for them because they feel betrayed by the more conventional parties and feel voting BNP is a form of protest. Some never read the policies, but just rely on what they/hear say. It’s very easy to inspire fear to people. And it’s easier to put them all against someone than bind them to do something constructive together.
    It’s scary and sad, but it’s only 2 seats at the EU parliament, and lets face it the majority of them aren’t fan of racists fachsist (look how they have changed the law of the parliament just so they wont have to listen to the one eye scum bag).

So waht you need to do if you want to avoid them to have more seats, is first to go and vote. If the majority of the people who did not vote had voted I am sure the outcome would have been different…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

A friend of ours died this week of Breast Cancer at the age of 38. That’s a proper reason to be sad. As for griffin, i’d say it’s a reason to be outraged!

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

There are many reasons to be sad, Rooly. Nick Griffin is merely one.

RIP to your friend.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

thanks. SC. We shouldn’t be sad about the BNP, we should be angry and outraged and stop being apathetic about politics and not give them the chance to get seats. In Manchester, the ‘sad’ part of their gaining a seat was that their vote was down by quite a margin, but because the big 3’s vote wasn’t there they got in.

rOcKeTdOg

ah, S.A. i understand, ta

TheDoog
    Free Member

Does Griffin go abroad for his holidays?? just a thought

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If the majority of the people who did not vote had voted I am sure the outcome would have been different…

Sadly I don’t believe this would be the case. It may have meant more votes for the fringe parties such as the greens, but they will still be a long way off the BNP votes (at least around my way they were).

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘A reason to be sad…’ is closed to new replies.