• This topic has 85 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • A question for HORA……………………….
  • ton

are you related to Harry Houdini?????????????????? 😉

roundwheels
    Free Member

has he disappeared 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that was always the prime computation

ronjeremy
    Free Member

i was thinking along the lines of 'why are you such nobber?'

ton

hora turned up for our ride today, and made it to the top of gatesgarth, and then like magic………..vanished??????????

hora
    Free Member

Dunno but that black line wasNT a sodding shortcut!
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/nan-bield-route-advice-starting-in-stavely

I also put a tiny ding in my downtube trying to cut the corners on some evil switchbacks on it..Lowey was right I should have stayed with you (with hindsight), on the map the black line looks like a 1 mile shortcut- had to get moving as a rain squall/strong crosswind came in.

STUNNING view of the lake from the top of it though, utterly so.

good ride?

uplink
    Free Member

3-2-1 you're back in the room

ton

where did you go mate.
    i was the 1st back and your motor had gone.

very good ride tho.
    tough, wet, slippy…..but clear and the views were awesome.. 8)

nbt

What's that, Hora diving out of a ride before the finish? never!

hora
    Free Member

nbt when was that?

ton

hora, did you get to the top of nan bield on the footpath from gatesgarth??

IanMunro
    Free Member

Did he say he was taking a different route, or just wander off?

lowey

IF he followed my advice, he would have ascended Harter Fell and dropped down to Nan Bield, thereby missing the awesome plunge down to Hasewater.

Still, Harter Fell is no easy option though, but then again, when your cars in Stavely and your stood ontop of Gatescarth, there are no easy ways back 😆

Superb day out and healing vibes to Johnnie, big respect for carrying on with that injury. If it were me I would have demanded air extraction through floods of tears!

ton

good day dave, enjoyed it loads…… 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Three stitches and one classic action man type facial scar to come.

Cheers too wors for the patch …I stood up wondering how bad it was to be told to sit down (good advice) and was a bit confused only to look down at blood spilling down my top to the floor whilst realising this was not good. But for the shoulder and my inability to use my left arm I would have done the last off road section

My children pointed out to me that Danny Macaskill never crashes and then the eldest put his hand on it and asked if it hurt …it did 🙁

wors

no worries Johnnie, in fact forget that you shit me you ****, next time you decide to face plant into a rock from 10 ft do it in front of somebody else! 😉

ton

johnnie's last words prior to crashing, as he came past a walking sensible me ' ton, you need to learn some riding technique'

mmm 😉

hora
    Free Member

Of course I spoke before taking the shortcut!!!! I spoke to Lowey first and said probably best if I took the blackline/shortcut to Nan Biel due to my legs.. He gave me directions (and I remember the route from the other thread/map).
    That black line short cut sure didnt feel like a short cut and Lowey was right- it was still a big/consistent push up- there was a sort of exposed land-bridge (path) across connecting you back towards Nan Bield that the wind sheared across at a fair old speed with tiny clouds racing towards you! Felt like I was in some sort of Harry Potter film 😀

The view from Harter Fell down into Haweswater though. The only time I've really regretted not bringing a camera with me 🙁 Stood there for what felt like 10mins transfixed.

Lowey said I'd miss out the imminent descent but my legs were getting tired and I didnt think I could manage the bike carry back up towards Nan Bield.

wors

I didnt think I could manage the bike carry back up towards Nan Bield.

neither would i with that fookin monster of a bike!

ton

slightly wasted monster bike…………. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Miss my Chameleon 🙁 I might look at it later behind the sofa gathering dust

nbt

hora – Member

nbt when was that?

On the two rides that you've bothered to turn up to, you've finshed neither: Calderdale (ducked out at the first climb, after 1 mile along the canal) and on the Five Dales ridfe, you ducked out along the A6 rather than the more pleasant return route through Youlgreave

I'm not counting the rides where you've said you were going to come along but not bothered to turn up

MrSmith
    Free Member

a leopard never changes it's spots.

hora
    Free Member

Calderdale? 3yrs ago?

ton

fella's, i did not start the thread as a hora slagging free for all.
    i just wanted to know what happened to him…

si-wilson
    Free Member

nbt, so hora cut short a few rides, and?

nbt

si_progressivebikes – Member

nbt, so hora cut short a few rides, and?

Just saying, on the very few rides where he's bothered to turn up, he's not finished them. I just find it a little odd that someone who spend so much time posting on an MTB forum and changing bikes doesn't actually ride very much. Maybe it's me that's odd eh? I'll just shut up now shall i? 🙄

ton – Member

fella's, i did not start the thread as a hora slagging free for all.
    i just wanted to know what happened to him…

SOrry TOn, didn;t see that. now you know, he's safe and well. All's ok with the world.

funkynick

Just out of interest, but isn't the path across Harter Fell just that, a path? And isn't this the same hora who disagreed with anyone riding cheeky trails the other day?

I think we should be told! 😀

ton

😯

D0NK

Funky yep its a path but I'm pretty sure it's unrideable and certainly hora didn't look in any shape to attempt to ride it. So it was a push until he got to the bridleway so not actually cheeky, just walking with heavy luggage 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

How far was this ride exactly?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

5 miles.lololololol

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Lollerskates etc..

hora
    Free Member

nbt I ride every week. The fact that Im not a very good (or fit) rider doesnt come into it. I actually thrive on a small a group or one other rider. Last big ride with another rider was two weeks ago over Walna Scar with a good mate.
    Sorry, stressful job leaves me peopled-out/burntout come the weekend 🙁

funkynick, yes 😆 the irony wasnt lost on me either as it is referred to as a 'cheeky shortcut' 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

i did not start the thread as a hora slagging free for all.

1 – no-one believes you.
    2 – if true, this was extremely naive.

I am glad hora survived anyway.

🙂

ton

BD……….. 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oh come off it Ton. We'll get that wikipedia link any minute. 🙄 😀

lowey

How far was this ride exactly?

20 miles. 5000' ascent.

Junkyard
    Free Member

more than that Lowey I did about that and missed the last climb.
    Ton you were very charitable as I was indeed taking the pi55 out of you for walking … i did find out why quite quickly WHY and well done for not takin the pi55 back. I think i deserved it. Now where is DJ with the battle scar pictures.

Dave
    Free Member

And isn't this the same hora who disagreed with anyone riding cheeky trails the other day?

But quite happy to cut corners on a trail to avoid switchbacks.

Strange ethics.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘A question for HORA……………………….’ is closed to new replies.