Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A plea to the Stirling-based STW posse
  • exilegeordie
    Free Member

Myself, Mrs Geordie and Geordie Jnr (age 2.5) are planning to catch the train to Stirling tomorrow. Can anyone recommend somewhere good for lunch please? It needs to be child friendly, offering good grub…doesn’t need to be swanky as Geordie Junior seems to take a great joy and delight in destroying stuff. Oh, and nothing too adventurous…Italian’s probably as advanced as we’ve got with the bairn.

We’ll be on foot, so it’ll need to be fairly central.
    Cheers guys,

Andy

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Broadly – what kind of food – spicy / trad / …. for the adults and the Jnr? There’s a good few options within walking distance of the station.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Original post updated with preferences (broadly speaking).

exilegeordie
    Free Member

So, spicy would be out.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

The Thai is good, “Wilawan”?
    As is the Adamo for steak.

The italian “mama mia” is good too, even if the waiter is a greasy toad around your woman

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I’ve heard good things about Hermanns too, but not got to try it myself personally.

Avoid the takeaway a few doors down from the Wilawan it gave me a rotten belly. Naasssssssty

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Thanks crotchrocket. Keep ’em coming!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I work for a company based locally & visit periodically. Those are the places our local colleagues take us.

Oh one other: a chinese The Imperial. what a feast! it was std chinese but we just told them to feed us gave them a budget & we got a total blow out. we only managed the 1st 3 courses 😀

crotchrocket
    Free Member

& if you want to ride locally contact flying fox bikes. They can rent you a bike, rent you a guide and sort you out for new bikes & bits. There is awesome riding in the ochills and on north third 😉
    I’m not on commission (sadly) but they sorted me out proper the last 2 times I flew up minus a bike.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Hermans would be a big trek straight uphill with a wee one. A few good suggestions so far. I would go for The Kilted Kangaroo(formerly outback) on Upper Craigs. Good pub grub, good portions, and plenty scope for Jnr to have a wander about, big outdoor area etc. let me know how you get on.

bigG
    Free Member

The cafe at the Albert Hall does good nosh.
    Hendersons bistro it’s called.

Probably the best in Stirling.

Cafe at the castle is good but flipping pricey last time
    I went.

There’s a Nandos if you get desperate.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies fellas.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Not town centre, but a 5 minute bus ride will get you to causewayhead and Corrieri’s beneath the wallace monument and there’s a good play park next to it. Great food and atmosphere and loads of ice cream. Might get full of cyclists on a saturday lunchtime.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Well, where did you end up going?

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Ended up at Hendersons in the Albert Halls, and very good it was too; fish platter for the missus, pizza for the lad and club sarnie for me.

Nyom, and indeed nyom. Will keep hold of the other recommendations for future visits.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A plea to the Stirling-based STW posse’ is closed to new replies.