Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • a night in ibiza…what to do?
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

i was gonna plan a birthday night for me and the missus in ibiza…

not huge clubbers although wouldnt mind going somewhere cool…any tips/hints good places to stay etc all welcome..

is san antonio the place?

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Avoid San Antonia, apart from the sunset strip which is always the place to be as the sun goes down. San Antonia bay is nice and is only a 5 min boat crossing or a 15 minute walk around the beach front.

Ibiza has some fantastic restaurants and bars which are scattered all over the island,
    It’s not like your typical party island as all the cool bars and clubs take a bit of effort to get to.

Try and pick up an Ibiza guide which is published at the beginning of each season and is very comprehensive with regards to locations and events.

Ibiza town is most definitely worth a visit, try and visit here when Pacha or one of the clubs has there main night as it’s quite a spectacle!

mboy
    Free Member

STAY AWAY from San Antonio for sure! Can’t stress this enough… It is the absolute dregs of the dregs, it’s where people go just to get pissed and pull. None of the decent clubs are in San An anyway.

What do you want to do? How long for?

The Island is a beautiful place, loads to see and do, as well as there being some amazing clubs.

If it’s just one night you want to plan, and you want it to be slightly romantic as well as have some fun, then spend the night in Ibiza town, go to a nice restaurant, then take a walk up into the “old town” inside the city Walls. From the top, spend some time taking in the amazing scenery (especially at night with all the lights), it really is quite romantic and it’s almost guaranteed to be quiet up there. Then come down, and hit one of the decent clubs. Either in Ibiza town, or if it’s Sunday night, get yourselves down to Space in a Taxi. Then finish it all on the beach, watching the sun come up!

99% of people who go to Ibiza miss the point of the place. San Antonio may have cheap booze and guaranteed easy shags, and there may be some of the best clubs in the world in the island too, but it is honestly one of the most beautiful places in the world to visit if you go beyond all the usual places, as well as being steeped in culture!

Can’t stress enough how much to stay away from San Antonio, the only possible exception if you go out during the Radio1 weekend when Tong and co usually host a live radio show from cafe Mambo, which is supposed to be a good spectacle.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Cafe mambo and del mar are ace

yunki
    Free Member

a night in ibiza…what to do?

ketamine and PCP..

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Its actually a lot nicer than you would think. I quite like San Antonio I went last year and was surprised. Them lucky lucky men get on your nerves though!

haggis1978

Ketamine, PCP PLUS a dozen pills and a quarter of coke 😆

loddrik
    Free Member

Spent 6 years of my life there but haven’t been since 2004. I’d go for dinner somewhere like Bambuddha Grove followed by drinks in Ibiza Town port. If you did fancy a club then Pasha is the best on the island, with the exception of Space of course. Space is the best club anywhere IMO, you need to be out of it to enjoy it properly though.

Tbh San An is fine if you avoid the west end. Mambo, Coastine etc are great, as is Bar M etc.

Damn I miss it…

Pauly

Dalt Villa, or the old town is beautiful. Some great restaurants and amazing views.
    I stayed in San An because it was cheap and pretty central.

binners

Don’t fight it. Just get stuck into the nosebag and top up liberally with industrial quantities of MDMA 😀

timc
    Free Member

Avoid San An

Old Town is lovely

Del mar / Mambo for sunset if you havent been

Bora Bora worth a visit

Loads of lovely couple stuff

As for Club, Pacha or Space for me, depends whats on

juiced
    Free Member

cafe mambo or cafe del mar for a chilled evening sipping drinks and eating by the sea and listening to chilled tunes for sure. Also its where people go to warm up for full on night so all sorts go there.
    it’s brilliant

alpin
    Free Member

drugs.

i know it’s been said before but it needed saying again.

Zoolander
    Free Member

For 1 night-

KM5 has to be a top shout. great restaurant and pre club.
    If you want to hang out nearer Ibiza town, one of the best restaurants is Sa Punta in the nearby bay of Talamanca great food and one of the best views on the island.
    If you are staying in or near Santa Eulalia there’s loads of options, it’s where we always stay for that very reason. That said I would recommend Ses Savines as certainly one if the best restaurants.
    Oh and there’s always Atzaro, pricey but awesome, utterly awesome.

(plus there’s always Oliver at Ibizamtb.com if you have time for a ride – top bloke as well)

I could go on but I’m going to stop there …. For the time being 🙂

wors

sunset at mambo/cafe del mar then off to pacha.

sunnrider
    Free Member

sunset at mambo/cafe del mar then off to pacha.

Thats exactly what I did last year. (although the waiters in mambo are ****.)
    Its a beautful island too, rent a car and take a look, Es Vedra is an amazing sight.

If you can attempt a bit of spanish, even just “hola” and “gracias”, thats always good when you´re out for dinner.

winterfold
    Free Member

Ibiza Town is much more STW with the missus ( or fella) than San Antonio, which is prob massive fun , but not very niche

The beach bars W of Ibiza Town eg Jockey Club/ Cala Jongal ( showing my age bet they don’t exist) are very grown up but still a bit hedonistic

Sunday avo on the terrace at Space is the best club type thing in the world – it’s not even mildly debatable

If you are a bit older and have a massive yacht and like charly then Pacha is great

If you like getting your shirt off and taking pills then Bora Bora is sorted to the power messed

I say… Try all 3 and see which you like best

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ha ha! great tips….we’ll stay off the drugs ta..

is cafe del mar in ibiza town?

were actually having a holiday in majorca but the ferry is only a couple of hours so i thought id treat the missus on her birthday…shes likes clubbing so thought meal/bar/club…

tops5
    Free Member

Cafe del mar is at the end of Carrera General De Balanzat in San Antonio- about 300 yards from our old apartment (god I miss it)

scruff
    Free Member

A 15 stone Geordie lass?

timc
    Free Member

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_august_i.htm

Party Calander for you, What date you going?

Word of warning, events such as SHM & Guetta at Pacha will sell out, so you wont be able to just stroll up!

mboy
    Free Member

shes likes clubbing so thought meal/bar/club…

Meal (in a nice restaurant), trip up the “old town” in Ibiza town (trust me on this one), then Pacha/Space…

The trip up the old town at night, whilst everything is going on down in Ibiza town harbour, will win you LOTS of brownie points trust me…

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

was gonna go the weekend of the 6th of august ish…need to sort the ferry etc.all good ideas….how does pacha stay in business when theyre website is so sh*te…

winterfold
    Free Member

Ibiza? Stay off the drugs?!?

Even Mike Oldfield lost the plot there – get in.

Zoolander
    Free Member

If you do decide to stay in Ibiza town I can recommend this place as somewhere to stay. http://www.apartamentosmariano.com/en/index.php really nice apartments right by the Walls of the old town. The rooftop terrace has a damn nice view as well 🙂

Just booked to go back in sept 🙂

shredder
    Free Member

Love Ibiza have worked there and keep going back

A nice day is a visit to Cala d’hort beach very non touristy nice litte restraunt and enjoy the view of Es Vedra.

Then as sunset approaches and something a little different to the sunset strip. Back up the road and make your way up to the old fort looking out over Es vedra and watch an amazing sunset old hippy caves etc etc. Its magic !! have a read up on Es Vedra

Whatever you do enjoy it a very special place.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘a night in ibiza…what to do?’ is closed to new replies.