Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 174 total)
  • A Love Story – Three reasons your partner was the one for you….
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Indeed. ‘Hubba’ and if I might make so bold ‘hubba’.

The barnet’s gone a bit more browny/grey over the intervening 20 years, but hey 😉 *My* boat is still well and truly floated!

cinnamon_girl

Rich – great pic there of a memorable day. Congratulations. 😀

Andy

Brilliant Rich – lovely photo too – contratulations!

Ambrose

She’s gorgeous, I mean Stunning, stopping traffic, drop dead Oh My Word gorgeous.

She still puts up with me despite everything I do wrong.

She sticks around after many, many years.

Ambrose

And I love you all.

bullheart
    Free Member

I put this in a thread a few weeks ago;

Okay…

Man with dark, angry hate-filled heart meets woman who makes him realise he doesn’t feel angry when he’s with her.

Dark and anger manifest into rare incurable tumour.

Tumour removed and replaced with an all-encompassing love that man doesn’t understand and can’t comprehend, but is very grateful for.

Man seems to be staying alive, even though odds are against him. Woman still beautiful, funny, loving and constant. All the darkness replaced with light.

True story.

But you know what? It doesn’t tell you enough…

I had a fairly difficult childhood; the type a social worker would flinch at, I think. I developed a skill set that included the ability to compartmentalise emotion, detachment and make everything black and white. I managed to isolate myself from everyone around that cared, including two lovely (but not the ‘one’s’) girls I had long term relationships with.

When I met Mrs Bullheart, I tried doing the same; being aggressive with my opinions, fighting even when I was in the wrong, etc; and one day she said the following;

“I love you with all my heart, but I’m not prepared to compromise myself and what I believe in for the anger you feel…”

And she left. And I realised that everything I’d built up to protect myself from the pain I’d experienced as a child counted for nothing if I lost her. So I changed, and I fought to get her back. And it was no effort whatsoever; it just happened. Because the alternative was no alternative. And every single second I spend with her makes me proud of who I am and what we are. She gave me hope, and made me like myself. No-one has ever achieved such a feat before.

I think I could stop the world turning if she asked it of me. I don’t know how, but I’d find a way…

This is a lovely thread. Keep it up

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Wow… Bullheart… that’s one hell of a post. Thank you for sharing that, poetic and beautiful.

Edit – That post might just be the nail in my emotionally stunted coffin… Time to find someone other than myself to love…

DezB
    Free Member

And I just read it with Sly Stone’s voice in my ears. I’m welling up. Bloody hell!

ourmaninthenorth

I had to pick two of the following options:

1. Fit
    2. Sane
    3. Single

(She did the decent thing and told her then BF about us….).

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Met aged 17 (her) and 20 (me), got married three years later.

1) Fit
    2) Nice rack (uh oh – skating on thin ice)
    3) Funny
    4) Bright

And as a wee bonus, loaded parents. 😉 😆

11 years of marriage and we still get on as well as any couple possibly could.

A little one (aged 2) and another one on the way just seem to enhance it all.

Pass the sick bucket…

mangoridebike

1 – She’s Fit
    2 – She’s my best friend
    3 – from day one I missed her whenever I wasn’t with her

When we met I wasn’t long out of a long term relationship, so was happy being single. She collared me at a party and had a real go at me for trying to seduce a mutual friend away from her boyfriend. I had no idea what she was talking about. Misunderstanding resolved, we then chatted for ages. Being slightly drunk I pointed out that her backless dress must mean she wasn’t wearing a bra – she said this was true. I then offered to do the job of the missing item of clothing – she accepted 🙂 and we’ve been together since :):):)

I still can’t believe I said “I’ll be your bra” and she can’t believe she accepted. Its the most successful chat up line I’ve ever used!

She was mortified when this story was retold by my best man at our wedding.

mcobie
    Free Member

My best mate was doing the travelling thing and got some mutual friends to drag me out for a beer. Just happened that this beer was at the 18th birthday party of the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on. Wished all night I could speak to her, but didn’t do anything (bit shy you see). Couple of days later she calls me and we meet for a drink…

She’s beautiful
    She’s funny
    She’s very sexy

10 years later and she’s no longer in my life; we split up just before valentines this year 😥

I miss her very deeply…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

2 students on fresher’s night walk into the JCR bar. One says to the other, “you have the brunette, I’m going for the blonde”

I married her (the blonde – it was me who said it) 5 years later. Been married for 9 years now.

she’s ace.
    she’s as fit as a fit thing.
    and she’s ace.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Easy one for me!

Best pal / soul mate & the mother of my son!

You think you love you’re missus until the experience of childbirth – at which point you really realise what love is!!!

weve had crazy times / magical times and amazing experiences together

happy days! (12 years worth)

woody2000

I was single, she was desperate. 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

1) i rode up to her and did a massive skid
    2) girls love skids
    3) you do not talk about fight club

MikeT-23
    Free Member

LOL at Phil!

Great thread. Really.
    Fills the heart with hope – the hope that one day in the not too distant future I can make a positive contribution of my own (in terms of a post here!)

molgrips
    Free Member

MrsGrips is one of my own kind. There are very few of my kind around, I think there’s only two.

instanthit
    Free Member

Sexy, funny, nice bum.
    We were both in shared accomodation and i had fancied her from afar and apparently she had me. I had come out of a previous marriage and she had a boyfriend. Two nights before i was due to leave for a job 200 miles away she invited everyone around for a meal. I almost didn’t go as had planned a ride, but due to all my cycling shorts being wet decided i would make the effort. Her best friend got everybody to “leave” and we ended up having a drunken snog. 12 years later still happily married with two gorgeous girls.
    Some things are just meant to be.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Bullheart, that’s the second time in two posts on this thread that you’ve written something incredibly moving!

great pic

lovely photo too

why, thank you!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I still can’t believe I said “I’ll be your bra” and she can’t believe she accepted. Its the most successful chat up line I’ve ever used!

Absolute CLASS! Nice one for taking the risk!

nicko74

The Southern Yeti – Member

Edit – That post might just be the nail in my emotionally stunted coffin… Time to find someone other than myself to love…

Nah, don’t do it! Women are never as good as the combination of Xbox, pizza, pr0n and hand lotion that you have to give up to be with them… 🙂

locomotive

Pass the sick bucket…

Its full up, and starting to slop over the sides – but here you go….

chewkw
    Free Member

She likes me … but not anymore. 🙄

firestarter
    Free Member

Big, round, baps 😉

Ambrose

This is very possibly my most favourite thread ever.

Notable from the almost total lack of cynicism.

toppers3933
    Free Member

TSY:- she always maintained that i wasnt her type. took her a very very long time and quite a few failed relationships to work out that i was her type after all and the others werent. i did point this out to her before, but she is so stubborn.

fate, you either believe in it or you dont. experience has made me a believer.

oblique
    Free Member

This was a very nice post that reminded my how lucky i am.

She is the most generous and creative person i have met.
    She makes me smile just be being around.
    She feels no need to change me and will let me do my own thing.
    She waited 4 years befor i got the curage to ask her out and then 6 years before i had the courage to ask her to marry me.

I know i am cheeting by giving 4 reasons.

lunge

Been with Miss Lunge 8 years after a drunk snog in a night club, she approached me as she “wanted the tall one”. Within 6 month of meeting I had disappaeared round the world for a year and she had started her first year at uni. We stayed together and have been ever since. She is wonderful, silly and a little bit mental, I like her a lot.

She make me feel great about myself and let me just be me
    She has an amazing smile
    She gets on with my very strange group of friends

She is also absolute filth but I suspect I shouldn’t mention that here…

grazedknees
    Free Member

He is my rock.
    He makes everything bigger/better/more fun.
    He made us a family.

Oh and he is really good looking and fit and rides a bike and intelligent and smart and cooks and doesn’t care if I am not perfect. 🙂

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

she’s geourgeous
    she’s funny
    she’s got nice hair (hair envy, i look like jean luc picard)

radler
    Free Member

conscious, breathing, single

toppers3933
    Free Member

radler you old romantic.

santac
    Free Member

She’s gorgeous
    she’s my rock,alway’s there so strong
    22 years on I still love her to bit’s

mrgibbons
    Free Member

For a very long time, I was in a long term relationship with someone who on paper, seemed perfect, in reality, was a nightmare. Mentally exhausting, abusive and controlling. But irritatingly beautiful. With quite simply the strangest family dynamic with her well-to-do parents that I have ever encountered. I needed out. But was terrified of the consequences sharing many mutual friends, living in a foreign country, one becomes loathed to lose them, them being under her thumb as much as me. She liked high fashion, spending (everyone elses) money, and being the single most important thing in the room, with 100% unadulterated attention focussed on her.
    We couldn’t have been more opposite.

In May, I went to the other side of the country as part of my research, to the mountains and Boreal of Northern Alberta. There, being the solitary Englishman amongst a collection of Canadian researchers, I was approached, by a cute, unfathomably modest, girl who made her intention to bed me on a particularly drunk evening, all too clear. 🙄

Que a Summer of biting insects, bear encounters, northern lights, the blackest yet brightest skies I have ever seen in my entire life, and all of it, shared, with this girl. I have never laughed so much, in my entire life, it hurt my insides we laughed so much. Both of us knew it was just a Summer fling, the distances too ridiculous to consider doing anything about it, the pair of us too realistic to consider it ever becoming something.

I returned to Ontario to finish my further degree, her to Vancouver to finish hers. Both of us returning to being typical university students, seeing others, but still, thoughts and feelings lingered. We talked and talked and talked some more, and actually got to know each other, somewhat having done everything else in reverse.

…In 5 weeks, I’m driving the width of the Canada to see her, to go winter surfing at Tofino at her invitation.

Coming with me, in my jacket pocket, is a ring, in a box. 😯
    In my other pocket, alot of nerves. 🙄

Sometimes. You just know.

bullheart
    Free Member

Fortune favours the bold fella…

Well in.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Chapeau Mr Gibbons! Wishing you the best of British… 😀

ratherbeintobago

She was an SpR in medicine when I was doing my first gas SHO job.

1) She exuded (and still does) a takes-no-shit attitude that I find really attractive
    2) Despite this I got away with some right comedy stuff (unfeasibly hungover at her first birthday we were together; knocking myself out at work (long story) and having to be collected as I’d been forbidden from driving home and spent the night on a surgical ward)
    3) She nicked my lunchtime Eccles cake repeatedly, which made me think she was interested

Andy

emsz
    Free Member

Good luck mrgibbons!!! Hope she says yes!

Yeti? Are you back my love?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*waves at Awesome emsz*

Aye, I’m back no more ****** swearing from me 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘A Love Story – Three reasons your partner was the one for you….’ is closed to new replies.