Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A great relief
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

So on Saturday I receive a letter from my sixth form letting me know that I should re consider my options for year 13 as there is an issue with my previous years work in school. This being my 2nd attempt at year 12 I am bricking it, how ever I chose to do a different subject.

As it **** arrives on Saturday I can not get in touch with the school until the week, and to make it worse its a bank holiday Monday. The letter even says to get a meeting before the new school year starts….

Finally I get an appointment made, this morning at 9, I arrive at school only to be told I was late despite it being 8:50.

I then get sat down and asked what I wanted to do instead of Biology and Environmental science for year 13… Hang On! That was my first year 12!

I got called into school only to be told a year later that my as result were lacking.. and it took them a year to address this :S

At least I had an apology right…. and I now know my current course is all good in terms of my results !

For 5 days Ive been thinking I will have no education, having my parents have a go at me as they think Ive lied to them about doing school work 🙁

Relief is an understatement.

cynic-al
    Free Member

How were the English results?

rOcKeTdOg

Shockingly bad organisation on their part, if you're not happy report them to the education authority

Harry_the_Spider

Ooops.

Many many years ago my English teacher got me mixed up with the class trainee criminal at parents evening. Same first name and adjacent surnames on the register.

My parents we told that I was a violent brainless moron with poor attention span and an appauling attendance record.

Luckily my parents knew the other lad as he lived round the corner and put two and two together on the way home.

The day after I told the teacher of her mix and she was horrified. She had bottled up all of this hatred for the other lad and had been waiting to grass him up to his parents all year. When she finally got the opportunity she gave them my report so they went home thinking that their beloved son was a bit chatty but generally OK and would be put in for his English O-level a year early.

The silly cow.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

To be fair tho, the initial head of sixth form spent the majority of the year off school ill with pneumonia and has now retired, the other member of sixth form of staff was ill over the period letters were sent out.

I t was just left to the deputy head of the high school who is taking on the new position of a sixth form head.
    I do know him very well and so does my dad, perhaps very embarrassing on his part. He was very apologetic to be honest!

The letter that was sent out was very generic:

Dear student

Progression may not be straight forward either due to results or the number of classes you have.

There are four main options:
    Re evaluate your position at 6th form
    retake year 12
    change subjects
    Pick up more a level subject to fill the time table

You can imagine my horror to opening this generic letter with no clue as to what I may have done wrong.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

For 5 days Ive been thinking I will have no education

….and here was me thinking you had no education, ever since I read your first post on STW.

rOcKeTdOg

Just make sure records are updated properly, these things have a habit of coming back to haunt you if not corrected now

molgrips
    Free Member

Nothing like the feeling of thinking you are in the sht and then discovering you're not and it was someone else's mistake 🙂

And to the rest of you: lay off him, he's doing just fine 🙂 Not much wrong with his English.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

cheers mol!

whytetrash

Right there Molgrips..reminded me of a wind up on one of my cycling buddies in uni..he was a bit tardy with coursework and gonna be away with his folks for an extra week after one of the breaks…we got some uni headed paper and mocked up a letter telling him if he didnt attend a meeting with all his outstanding coursework he was off the course…obviously the meeting was scheduled while he was still away!…cue loads of stressing and a general panic… that afternoon we went for a ride, I told him it was a windup at the top of trentham gardens…his face was a picture of relief 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol, nice one WT 🙂

One of my most mild-mannered mates one time in the first year of uni got a bit to drunk and was "helped" out of the uni bar. In the process he puked on one of the bouncers.

We of course faked a solicitor's letter threatening legal action 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

The lads in the house next door to ours added an extra “0” to a gas bill and got the other unsuspecting housemate to go and argue the toss about it.

Only when the manager at the Gas Board (when they had shops that you went in to pay your bills) held it up to the light was the ruse discovered.

theotherjonv

post Uni, but Uni mates. One of them got some local PCT headed paper and faked a letter ref: another mate's (genuine) looming vasectomy.

Still, the nurses complimented him on one of the finest and wide reaching examples of genital shaving they'd ever witnessed.

MarkDatz
    Free Member

i got borred reeding op u nede 2 mtfu wtf

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

and you need to type better

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A great relief’ is closed to new replies.