Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • A great little cable guide!
  • J
    Free Member

Just got a cable guide for my adjustable seatpost from Mark, selling them in the classifieds. I’m really impressed. Thought I’d say thanks by leaving a quick review. It’s lightweight, easy to fit, just went straight onto the seatpost, nice and simple too. It keeps the cable away from the frame stopping frame rub and stops the cable from rubbing the seatpost too, much nicer than using cable ties or straps. It’s very well made and well finished; nicely cnc’d. The nylon insert is a nice touch too to prevent rub to the cable. Definitey recommend this if you have an adjustable seatpost! Cheers Mark. :o)

o96192083
    Free Member

got a link? that looks decent.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Yeah, I would like one of those, can we have a link?!?

marionheck
    Free Member

go on link please. How do you get the cable in the hole?

ruscle
    Free Member

Want one, got a link for this…..

jeff

Nice idea, but why not merge the clamp and the eyelet, splitting the eyelet?

One less thing to possibly catch yourself on, and no need to disconnect the cable to fit the guide and remove/swap the post between bikes.

I’ll have a freebie clamp or two if you use my idea 🙂

thepurist

got a link? that looks decent.

Just got a cable guide for my adjustable seatpost from Mark, selling them in the classifieds

You know this forum has a search function folks…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dropper-seatpost-cable-solutions

craigxxl
    Free Member

They could do with tweeking the design a bit so the clamp is part of the branch that has the guide on it instead of having two bits sticking out.

craigxxl
    Free Member

m.daniel@swan.ac.uk £18 inc P&P

mrjmt
    Free Member

Doh! No 27.2mm 😥

honourablegeorge

Neat idea. The suggestions people have made about merging clamp and guide are good ones.

£18 is insanely expensive. Although I’d pay £18 for a one-piece seatclamp with integrated cable guide – that would be a neater solution.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Was interested until I saw the price.

On my Joplin I used a rear reflector bracket with a cable tie in it to retain the cable, same idea but virtually free

clubber
    Free Member

You could just use a zip tie with a short section of tube between the seat post and remote cable – not quite as neat though.

passtherizla
    Free Member

craigxxl – Member
    They could do with tweeking the design a bit so the clamp is part of the branch that has the guide on it instead of having two bits sticking out.

looks like they could have done that quite easily too! what a good idea…. *wanders off to workshop* (we have a massive in house maintenance team with lathes etc)

ruscle
    Free Member

£18 is a bargain for a neat bit of cnc for my expensive toy

seriouseyebrows
    Free Member

Thanks for your feedback lads. and to those who have bought one.
    i basically made the first one for myself after buying a KS post, as it was easy to get the cable through.
    to make a split/join in the actual guide body would have made it more complicated = more expensive .
    I am a toolmaker & CNC machininst, (and bike finatic) and made the first lot and gave them away to my riding mates, all of which gave me really positive feedback. a few had reverbs, and they disconnected the thumb actuator and just a re-bleed to get it going again.
    i’ve tried to keep the cost to a minimum, after i bought the aluminium, screws, made machining fixtures, got the batch anodised, P&P , my time etc . i wont be ordering an all singing and dancing carbon bike any time soon i promise you! more of a personal satisfaction of creating something simple which people are liking and using on their bike which i have invented . 🙂

looking into the patent thing right now, but if its crazy expensive, i wont bother.

i’ll just have to suck it up when some mass produced Chinese cheap crap copy comes out!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Too late.£6.99.

burt
    Free Member

x1 Rorshach
    not wanting to p1ss on seriouseyebrows fireworks but
    thats the one i use its split as well so no disconnecting hoses or cables
    works a treat!!

motox2k
    Free Member

£18 😯

solarider
    Free Member

J – nice bit of kit, and not such a bad price for a small production run CNC item.

One question though. Why run a QR seat clamp with a dropper post? Allen bolt version would be lighter, more secure and neater.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Why run a QR seat clamp with a dropper post? Allen bolt version would be lighter, more secure and neater.

In case you want to slam the saddle even lower when riding stuff like a DH track

bri-72

Burt/Rorscach link to that pls?

J
    Free Member

Solarider
    J – nice bit of kit, and not such a bad price for a small production run CNC item.

One question though. Why run a QR seat clamp with a dropper post? Allen bolt version would be lighter, more secure and neater.

Too right, I’m with ya solarider. I have a non qr seat clamp too…somewhere…it’s prbably in the shed but haven’t seen it yet. :o)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks good.

But looks like newer adjustable posts will start coming out with the cable only going to the base. Therefore the cable won’t move.

This cable guide is a neat solution for now though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tidy. Dragons’ Den?

sam42
    Free Member

Mk2 with the split guide integrated into a seat post clamp would be great, and would probably justify a decent pricepoint.

jonba
    Free Member

I think I do what clubber suggests on my fork. one cable tie around the leg and cable but the leg and cable are spaced by a small piece of rubber tube. It achieves the same thing.

andyl
    Free Member

making a seat post clamp one would be neat but you could also just make a fitting to replace the nuts on a QR seatclamp or one that fits to the bolt of a bolt up one.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘A great little cable guide!’ is closed to new replies.