Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A good day at the office…
  • dans160
    Free Member

I had a good days riding this weekend. I spent Saturday at the local dh spot and managed my first series of dirt jumps. Nothing too big but pleased with myself none the less. I had my best run down the technical line to date and began sessioning parts of one of the harder lines including a drop I have stuffed up in the past. To cap the day off I sessioned the two big jumps on the ‘glory’ line. I’ve done the fourth but need to link them together. Anyone else had a good weekends riding?

[video]http://vimeo.com/39963888[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/39962024[/video]

faz083
    Free Member

looks good but a little overbiked?

dans160
    Free Member

Probably, and do you think I care? Surely you just ride the bike you want to ride and get on with it…?

wwaswas

I’m impressed you taped it all up for the ‘pro helmet cam’ look 😉

Ride what you’ve got is my advice…

jam-bo

thats technical? 😉

and whats wrong with jump no 2?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

looks good but a little overbiked?

Its singletrackworld, what more do you expect?

10pmix
    Free Member

Its singletrackworld, what more do you expect?

Exactly. If you post a vid up basically saying “impressive huh?” then you’re in for criticism on everything from your riding style to your choice of stem bolts.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I had a good days riding this weekend. I spent Saturday at the local dh spot and managed my first series of dirt jumps. Nothing too big but pleased with myself none the less.

^ this, this is the important bit

it’s downhill, first series of jumps and he enjoyed it, don’t think the op says ‘impressive huh?’ at any point and to some, in fact probably most, that is probably technical

stumpy01

Looked good to me.

I did 31 miles on the road in the rain & wind to remind myself how unfit I am. So not quite as successful as you.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Don’t get these “your overbiked” bandwagoners. Is everyone supposed to have a wide selection of bikes and choose one for each particular trail?.
    What happens if you dare ride your bike outside it’s intended parameters? The parameters that are set by who exactly?

dans160
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the second one. I had already made my mind up not to do it as I was not 100% certain I would land lined up for it. As it turns out I did but had already made the decision.

I use the stem bolts that came with the stem. Those also were not the dirt jumps. I did not record them.

The camera also lies about the size of those jumps. They are quite big.

Some good and funny comments though!

nbt

Well, I wouldn’t ride those, so props to you.

I also had an excellent weekend’s riding, well one ride on Sunday when despite the rain making the trails a little greasy I succesfully rode (without dabbing or crashing) the descents on our local trails known as
    [list]
    [*] Cheeky woods
    [*] Bone Mill
    [*] The Slightly Less Acute Corner of Almost Certain Peril
    [*] That dinky little jump on Linnets clough (yes, we need to find a better name for that one)
    [*] Scout’s Honour [top exit]
    [*] Scout’s Honour [bottom exit]
    [/list]

I also rode Horsey Girl’s drop, although only at the second attempt as I stuffed up the first one. Bro punch to MartynS for the being the first person (that I know, I suspect that others may have done it already) to clean the entrance to Scout’s Honour. I’ll have it next time

warton
    Free Member

overbiked? for those jumps in the second video? I don’t think so!

More balls than me mate, nice one

plodtv
    Free Member

Very good effort! 😀

fathomer

There’s no chance I’d be riding those jumps with my skill and bike, nice one!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A good day at the office…’ is closed to new replies.