Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A fresh look at Access
  • billyboy
    Free Member

If we could get 250,000 cyclists to stump up £1 each we could bung the Conservative Party a £250,000 BRIBE/”donation” and then Dave Anderson could go for supper at No 10 with Cuddly/Corrupt Dave Cameron and get the policy committee to “STEER” HMG policy around to our policy of a Scottish type access system for all of the UK.

Job done…… might save years of hard and fruitless effort through normal channels.

Dave
    Free Member

How much of that do I get for meeting the Lizard King? 😉

billyboy
    Free Member

Just have a few beers first and you will be fine.

scaredypants

Dave – Moderator
    How much of that do I get for meeting the Lizard King?

You’re taking one for the team, laddie

*wonders how often this is said at Eton*

wwaswas

*wonders how often this is said at Eton*

Never.

I think they’re all taught to give one for the team.

The lower classes are regarded as the takers.

MrAgreeable

That assumes that we wouldn’t be outbid.

I had my first experience of access issues via a JLAF recently. It was a bit more positive than I expected. I’ll try and get round to writing about it soon, if Analogue Andy doesn’t beat me to it.

The OP mentions Ashdown Forest as a particular example of unfairness in another thread, but that’s not due to the current access system, the exclusion of mountain bikers there is due to local byelaws. Perhaps we should club together, build a time machine and a futuristic robot assassin, and kill AA Milne’s mum?

billyboy
    Free Member

Interestingly the most recent (guest written a couple of years back…Milne was dead) Winnie The Pooh book features Christopher Robin riding across the Ashdown Forest on his shiny bicycle. I spoke to the folks in the Winnie The pooh shop in Hartfield and they remember pre 1974 riding across the forest on bikes with no problem.

The problems there started (as far as I’m aware), with The Ashdown Forest Act 1974. Section 2 forbids mechanical vehicles (or similar…been a while since I read it) and The Conservators (Main Problem) are hell bent on stopping bikes. The signs bear the legend, Bikes cause erosion etc(compared to horses…like ffff etc). This reaches hysterical levels when the wardens/rangers pounce on any cyclist who dares to pull into one of their car parks for a snack or a puncture etc.

Some of us…..and I only know this from fellow tyre tracks….do lay rubber on sacred turf on a fairly regular basis…in a non insulting way of course.

The last altercation I had there ran to….
    Are you aware of the Ashdown Forest act of 1974?
    Yes, but 1974 was a pretty shit year wasn’t it…..and I rode off

gingerss
    Free Member

He can’t even tell the truth about eating a pasty, never mind trusting him with 250k of donor/bribe money.

Good cynicism though!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A fresh look at Access’ is closed to new replies.