Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 222 total)
  • A bloke needed
  • Woody
    Free Member

Bah – not interested anymore after seeing those Tinkerbell pics. The friend is always a munter 😥

Houns

heh heh

Well if she's anything like you Tinker she won't be single for much longer

anokdale
    Free Member

Houns + 1 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

Would any of you believe me if I told you that my girlfriend's sister at 32 is a double for Angelina Jolie and is sane and solvent, but from what I can tell has just been plain unlucky with guys? Her problem in the past has been her job. She's in law so has worked crazy hours although she's client side now so that's less of an issue. That asides, she's great fun and likes to keep fit so could easily be persuaded to take up biking. Not that I'm offering her up (she's out touring Argentina and the world at the mo'), but there are good uns out there looking for up to the mark fellas.

mmb
    Free Member
    misterfrostie
    Free Member

If a decent looking bird can't hold onto a bloke she's either healed up or a nutcase – period

Houns

blimey saxabar – email in profile 😉

JEngledow
    Free Member

saxabar +1

A Uni friend of my wife’s lives in Stoke and is in a similar position (although only 26) and is having difficulty meeting guys who aren't desperate or total w*nkers.

I've suggested that she needs to forget about trying to find a bloke, but should find new (better) friends and get some new hobbies. What / where would be a good place for her to start?

higgo
    Free Member

bike?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

bike?

😯
    It's wrong to jump to such conclusions.

Curly68
    Free Member

I would love to find a woman like your friend Tinkerbelle. Still single after a year but I am in my 40's (just)!
    Dating sites are crap. I am on two and have only found nutters! I'm sure she will find someone nice when she least expects it.

saladdodger
    Free Member

In short I have a friend in her mid 30's, slim, fairly attractive (no boils/warts etc) who is unable to find a nice decent bloke.

Sounds almost perfect 😯

Does her Dad own a brewery ❓

To be fair on a personal note I did internet dating 5 years ago hit gold very quickly and I have been married for 3 years to a fantastic lass, yep it worked for me 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

JEngledow – Member
    saxabar +1

A Uni friend of my wife’s lives in Stoke

Well there's the problem 😆

TheGingerOne

I appear to be a perfect match for what has been requested – which is nice. 😀

saxabar
    Free Member

@Houns – looking at your profile pic, I'm sure you'll have beautiful children 😉

JEngledow
    Free Member

A Uni friend of my wife’s lives in Stoke

Well there's the problem

You've hit the nail on the head there. They were at Uni in Oxford, but she's got a teaching job she really enjoys up there 🙄

Houns

I have a profile pic?

*edit*

What the chuff is that?!

saxabar
    Free Member

Click on "Member"

audiophile
    Free Member

How sane can she be if she fancies a relationship with a bloke who spends his spare time riding an overpriced bike around the woods.

rOcKeTdOg

Click on "Member"

houns profile pic is his member? i'm afraid to look

DT78
    Free Member

I'm afraid my mates who are in their 30's and single are currently enjoying freedom and enjoying themselves slightly too much with impressionable girls in the age range 18-23.

Given how gorgeous these girls are (in comparasion to what they/me dated 8 or so years ago) I can't see them thinking about a women their own age for a while….

Oh – and nice pics but why are you in a box in one of them?

_tom_
    Free Member

Any of these women want a 21y/o "toyboy"? 😯 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm guessing she shags during…. quick wipe on the curtain and leave.

gosh, you really are a smooth talker…

tinker-belle
    Free Member

I'm impressed this thread grew so quickly, and thank you for the few who made sensible comments.

She's done some group activity type things, sailing, cycling, walking and has as far as I'm aware even tried line dancing classes. But to no avail, she bonds well with the girls in the group, and gets on with the guys, but always seems to have the slimiest bloke take an interest in her and scare off the rest.

I'm also amazed someone dug up my old pics, and although I will not post a picture of her (she's a friend, and after my first picture posting and the comments on that (Bunnyhop I remember it all too well) I wouldn't dream of putting her through that), it has often been said that we look very much a like and have been confused for one another in the office.

PS – I was in a box, it was supposed to be "arty"

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

dog people are all nice aren't they?

rOcKeTdOg

better get her a ST login tinkerbell and she can make her own mind up about posting a pic

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well i went on match.com and searched the Reading area for women mid 30's, there are a lot it seems including one who fits the bill…

Does your friend have rather large hands, a passion for rugby and an adam's apple?

clubber
    Free Member

Just one other suggestion if she's sporty/active and you're based Reading way – get her to go down to her local rowing club – typically they have a very good social scene and are full of tall, fit, supremely good looking and well adjusted men that aren't complete geeks like cyclists often are when hanging around together 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

get her to go down to her local rowing club

wouldn't it be an act of desperation to take up such a fatuous sport just to pull ?

PS – I was in a box, it was supposed to be "arty"

it's flattering tb, you look very good :o)

tinker-belle
    Free Member

lol @ Southern Yeti. No that's not her, last I knew she was one of those no picture until you start talking to her, she had some very weird blokes getting very stalker ish when she had her picture up.

She tends to go for the rugby player build, and has previously commented the cyclist are too skinny, but having seen how happy myself and some other people are with cyclists as their OH's shes going to see what the cycling group "have to offer".

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe but if the alternative is leading mtb club rides just so she can look at the opposite sex's @rses then it doesn't look so bad 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

She tends to go for the rugby player build

about half the blokes in my club are heavily built 🙂 Sadly their attitude to women leaves much to be desired 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

haha….. oh well… she/he looked interesting!

Seriously though if she doesn't have a picture on there all she's going to get are freaks or guys hoping to get their leg over, probably why a lot leave half way through first date as they realise that she is a nice, decent lady, not interested in a 'casual' relationship.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

I did my own internet dating stint many years ago, and can vouch for the fact the photo or not you will always get the sad weirdos who seem nice, but turn out to be complete freaks.

I recall one guy who seemed nice, so we decided to go to a concert in London together, as I worked in Reading but lived out the way, we decided it was best for me to change at his and walk to the station together, rather than me driving home changing and driving all the way back to Reading. When I went up to his room to change, the entire room was plastered (including the ceiling) with Buffy the Vampire pictures – he even had the bedding and matching curtains, he had other major issues but that was the first BIG warning sign.

iDave
    Free Member

is this her?

i live in stoke

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

…….. races home to redecorate britney's bedroom.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the entire room was plastered (including the ceiling) with Buffy the Vampire pictures

you say that as if it were a bad thing …

soobalias
    Free Member

"…she tends to go for rugby player build…."

amazing how often that is true of single women.

yoshimi

the entire room was plastered (including the ceiling) with Buffy the Vampire pictures

I speak for myself and Junkyard when I ask, what is wrong with this?

Maybe you should request any that single, interested blokes should post a picture of themselves up with a short intro and then let your friend have a look through rather than posting up a picture of her.

JEngledow
    Free Member

rugby player build?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘A bloke needed’ is closed to new replies.