Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • 7 Stanes – which to ride in 5 days..
  • stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Drumlanrig is much better than Ae.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Drumlanrig is much better than Ae.

I remain to be convinced of this! I’ll be riding all Stanes next month, so will have to do some reviews and see how they are not having ridden them or Drumlanrig for a couple of years 🙂

tinker-belle
    Free Member

You can easily do Glentrool and Kirroughtree in one day, we did – Dalbeatie was also good fun, but given the distance (to travel) not getting Newcastelton in would not be the end of the world.

Would highly recommend the BreakPad in Castle Douglas, run by a couple of mtb’ers who run the shop at Kirroughtree, stayed there before and not only is the food great, it’s relatively cheap, and the have maps of all the trail centres in the dining room so you can plan you days riding. Many great pubs in walking distance of the B&B, and a super store across the road for trail snacks. They also have a wet room and allowed us to store our bikes in their garage.

Will definitely be going back again when the opportunity presents itself.

lexiekay
    Free Member

Update!!

Well thanks for all your tips, I got back yesterday and have to say I had an amazing time.

This was the final itinerary…..

Day one – Kirroughtree Black (yep really good, specially liked Black Craigs I think it was called)
    Day two – Innerleithen XC and Glentress Red. Both amazing, the descent from Minch Moor was just so good!
    Day three – Drumlanrig Red and Ae. Really enjoyed both, Drumlanrig made a nice change (much more natural than the trail centres), and the Ae descents were really really good
    Day four – Dalbeattie and Mabie. Both good, although I think my legs were suffering a bit by then! Also finished off with a session in the Mabie skills park.

So, things i realised from the trip: I’m much more likely to fall off when trying to go uphill! And riding on your own is actually fine – I met loads of nice people, and everyone was very friendly. So thanks 🙂

And finally, I met the mechanics from the GT Race team at Mabie, they offered to get me in to the race enclosure at Fort Bill for the DH yesterday. Sadly i had to be back home for work today so couldnt go. Think maybe i should have called in sick….!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘7 Stanes – which to ride in 5 days..’ is closed to new replies.