Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 7 months of dry riding
  • Klunk
    Free Member

with no end in sight, is this some kind of record ?

scruff
    Free Member

last week was our first wet ride since I dont know, March maybe?

Klunk
    Free Member

we’ve had rain, just enough to stop the trails getting too dusty. Don’t think it’s rained properly though since the end of Feb. The newly planted winter wheat in the field behind the house is slowly turning to the colour of straw 😕

excitable1
    Free Member

It’s been so dry over here that when the gardeners came to the office this morning to blow the leaves and cut the grass they found themselves tangled with tumble weed !

As dry as dead dingo’s dangler as they say down under !!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Lovely isn’t it. Almost every night for the last month me or my riding buddy call with ‘come on lets get out there, this could be the last dry ride before the weather settles in’. Well it hasn’t yet and we’ve been getting some good miles in as a result, dusty trails in October! Long may it continue! Although I am looking forward to trying out my new Medusa’s which have been languishing in the shed for the last month, so bring on the wet also!

excitable1
    Free Member

Sorry Jeff, have you checked out the forecast for tomorrow. Apparently North Wales is going to be……. dry & sunny !!!

z1ppy

7 months of longer tbh, even winter round here was only wet when the snow came, otherwise it was dry but cold…

Klunk
    Free Member

haven’t had to wash my bike since last september, partly due to the lack of mud partly bone idleness 😳

derekrides
    Free Member

I was only thinking that this morning, we’ve had the odd sprinkling but nowhere near what we normally get, the South East must be suffering a drought, no idea why they haven’t kicked off about it. But hey it is unprecedented I can’t remember a period like it..

Some of our trails have become a bit dicey where big chunks just break off under your front wheel, there’s a couple of nasty downhills that have had riders injured as the usually firm bits have crumbled and sent them over the front or into the fence.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

peak area certainly hasnt been shy of rain over the last week, that i can assure you…..

that said i agree up until last nights boggy muddy mess, i think i have had a pretty incredible dry seasons worth of riding…..sure its rained somedays, but ive been lucky on almost every ride that it didnt rain that day, and with it being relatively warm had pretty much dried up by the time i rode…..3 times a week and every sunday bar a few, so i got very lucky throghout to not have it too bad….

i think i wore my altura pocket rocket a total of 3 times all summer!

i remember one pretty unlucky day i had, think the forum went on one of the pootles, and i was out but going the opposite way a few months back and it started with glorious sunshine at 7 am and by the time i got to about 10 it absolutly nailed it down 🙁 just as i got to limestone edge…lethal!

davidjey
    Free Member

As I (living in S Wales) keep saying to my parents (who live in the east Midlands on a farm, and hence are even more obsessed with the weather than the average Brit), if you’re ever short of rain you can have some of ours!

rusty90
    Free Member

Dry ? I wish !
    Went through a huge puddle last night – it actually came over my knees.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Lucky you. I don’t think I’ve had a dry ride (fnar!) since about may…..we’ve had a pretty cold, wet & damp summer and autumn up here in Aberdeenshire, and my local mid-week trails have been full of huge puddles for yonks. It’s still ace fun though 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

We had a Wet(ish) Aug, more blustery showers than actual pee’ing, though there was a few days when I thought we’d need an Ark, indeed it made a thread on here. But the trails are still bone dry, all the forests look like they’re about to go up in smoke the timbers so dry.. lets hope that doesn’t happen.

I’m making the most of it me..

Euro
    Free Member

2 dry days on the trot in Northern Ireland, though is about to pish down for the rest of the weekend.

jools182
    Free Member

where do you lot live?

its been non stop rain here for weeks

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Down here in sunny Hampshire I rode down a river last night.. with no water in it!!

In August it was full…

bigjim

swines, been a bog up here since June.

derekrides
    Free Member

Fair amount of dust being kicked up here for this time of year.

jimster
    Free Member

Wettest two weeks I had was up in Scotland, showery and bloody blustery the whole time. Chatting to a local at Laggan and he’d just given up on the weather for the year, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

excitable1
    Free Member

Some of you just haven’t got this thread have you….

Sarcasm lowest form of wit, highest form of intellect :wink:!!!

So…. 7 months and counting, it’s been so dry up here that my wet lube has dried up in it’s can and is now used as my super dry lube !

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Last time the trails were properly dry round here was the holiday weekend in May!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘7 months of dry riding’ is closed to new replies.