Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • 6Music unlistenable in the mornings
  • Pook

Shaun Keaveny has had his day hasn’t he? Time for a change. Thank god the music is ok between his witterings.

shermer75
    Free Member

Agreed, I’ve stopped listening to the fella

binners

Initially I didn’t mind him as I was just grateful that he wasn’t George Lamb. Surely 6 Musics lowest ebb. But over the years he has seemed to morph into a low rent Chris Moyles.

I did once get Harry the Spider and Terrahawk a middle aged shout out though 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Couldn’t get started on it because of him.

senorj

in his defence , the middle aged shout out always makes me chuckle.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Chris “the Hawk” (he’s not a real hawk) Hawkins is worse. How that guy gets to keep a presenting job is beyond me. Sounds like he’s got a cold permanently, talks in a weird stuttering way that is almost incomprehensible…

hora
    Free Member

Is that the bloke with the Hawaiian music and dull droning voice? Hes the reason I can’t have radio6 on in the office.

I love Cerys voice 😀

scaled
    Free Member

I dont care about his witterings, a bit of J5 in the mornings and i’m a happy man!

DezB
    Free Member

Thank god the music is ok

6Music – keeping “ok” music alive. 😆

scandalous
    Free Member

I like him!

binners

Oh God! I agree with Hora on something. I could listen to Cerys all day

Actually… he’s playing my favourite Bowie track. I’ll let him off

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s no Terry Wogan for sure, but he’s not bad.

Gives folk something to moan about too.

Pook

Someone take his tv themes cd off him.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think we should be put out of Terry Hall’s misery.

binners

I absolutely love Murray Lachlan Young on a Friday. His best one ever:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukQPOxmEmp0[/video]

MussEd
    Free Member

As a comparison, everyone retune your radio to your local FM station for a couple of hours. The commercial one not local BBC. After the adverts on repeat and olly fkn murs you’ll be crying with joy once you put it back on 6 Music. Some folk = never happy.

monkfish
    Free Member

I can’t listen to Shaun “I can’t think of anything interesting to say to i’ll just do a naff impression” Keaveney.

If he just played the music and stopped trying to be a comedian it would be a start.

There are however a dearth of alternatives

OmarLittle
    Free Member

The presenters seem to get progressively worse each year – There are times i need to change the station because im cringing so much!

Then there is the self congratulatory trails / adverts about how great 6music is and even worse than that the presenters reading out of tweets or emails from people saying how great their show is.

ransos
    Free Member

I like him. Some gentle patter and half-decent music is what I want first thing in the morning. Plus Middle-Age shoutout does describe my life quite accurately.

zippykona

6 is the best we’ve got but I won’t listen to Keavney. Ever.

jamiea
    Free Member

Definitely in the ‘don’t mind him camp’ here, not the best show on the network but what’s the alternative?!?

Cheers,
    Jamie

chakaping
    Free Member

Some folk = never happy.

Not when they’re listening to Mr K obvs.

😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As a comparison, everyone retune your radio to your local FM station for a couple of hours. The commercial one not local BBC. After the adverts on repeat and olly fkn murs you’ll be crying with joy once you put it back on 6 Music. Some folk = never happy.

+11111110000135156651154

Missus listens to heart. That combined with her penchant for leaving the alarm chiming for 20min+ lead to my one and only forray into domestic violence.

As for Shaun, he’s about as funny as Mark and Lard used to be on R1.

kimbers

keevneys own opinion of himself has either inflated massively or Ive just got bored of his talking, the musics not bad but he drones on (as said tho the ad-riddled alternatives are far worse)

cerys has a nice voice but does witter on a bit and plays some tedious music!

llama

the sonics, pink floyd, 808 state, iggy pop, no adverts, all my sort of thing

Prefer him to Laverne

njee20
    Free Member

lead to my one and only forray into domestic violence.

Possibly wrong, depending on how serious you were, but I lol’d at that! Totally agree too, on the shitness of local radio, not the domestic violence bit that is.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

My votes go for

Guy Garvey
    Huey Morgan

and of course the lovely Cerys, who only has to speak to make me want to content deleted

DezB
    Free Member

If he just played the music and stopped trying to be a comedian it would be a start.

Sums up every single daytime radio show since Steve ‘Satan’ Wright screwed it all up.

BigDummy
    Free Member

For me, the choice is between 6 and Radio 4 (which the wife will listen to if given the radio dial). The Today Programme puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day, while Keaveney’s rambling mediocrity-schtick doesn’t actively upset me.

🙂

binners

Missus listens to heart. That combined with her penchant for leaving the alarm chiming for 20min+ lead to my one and only forray into domestic violence..

When I worked freelance, I once went into a place where the completely insane woman who ran the studio had Kiss FM on all day. Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! How anyone can listen to that crap all day I’ve no idea.? I learnt a staggering fact that day. Radio 1, despite playing absolutely appalling music, actually filter out the worst bilge out there. There is actually worse. A lot worse. And commercial radio is happy to play it. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over…… 😯

They used to try and book me again regularly, but I never went, purely on account of what they listened to all day. I just couldn’t do it

Duggan

Never liked Keaveny and I remember getting flamed to death on here when I mentioned it a while ago.

R6 is good but far from perfect. I don’t think being better than R1 or Heart or whatever is that much of an achievement.

zippykona

Can we have a Keavney is on holiday alert system.

hora
    Free Member

Whoa who Duggan BACK OFF. Who took the jam out of your donut? 😀

I love the bands Tennis, The Burning Hell (amateur rappers!) and La Verite by Frànçois & the Atlas Mountains.

Bring it on (More!).

Also replaying oldies like Elastica who I never cared for at the time but are welcome now IMO

mrblobby
    Free Member

Prefer him to Laverne

?! Lauren is lovely, would happily listen to her all day.. Good music too.

hora
    Free Member

Cerys, Pukrik & Laverne. Mmmmmmmmm alternative hotties.

Pook

Blessed relief. He’s gone.

zippykona

They should give the job to Gideon Coe.

chakaping
    Free Member

When I worked freelance, I once went into a place where the completely insane woman who ran the studio had Kiss FM on all day. Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! How anyone can listen to that crap all day I’ve no idea.?

Standard practice in ad sales departments IME.

Possibly why they’ve always been on a different floor to editorial at places I’ve worked.

spud-face

How anyone can listen to that crap all day I’ve no idea

the popular justification seems to be “I know it’s crap, but i want to hear the traffic news”

To my mind, if you need 8hrs notice to plot an alternate route for a 3 mile commute then you really shouldn’t be allowed to drive. or breathe.

I get the urge to ring up and tell that Hawkins lad that it’s okay, he can relax and figure out the sentence before he begins it, we won’t turn off. Rather than littering thought-pauses everywhere but where they should be.

(recent convert to radio 4)

TiRed

Spotify 6 music playlist is your friend.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘6Music unlistenable in the mornings’ is closed to new replies.