Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • £600 halfords voucher
  • edhornby

I had my house burgled and the bike went – I now have a £600 halfords voucher and wondering what to get (not found a LBS that will take them unless anyone knows of one in Manchester?)

got the halfords options down to 3

Boardman Team (ali, Reba fork)
    Voodoo Bokor (ali, Recon race fork)
    Voodoo wanga (steel, Reba)

is there a big difference between the reba and recon fork? having had an ali frame last time (the carrera fury which was good in an AM bruisery way but I fancy something a bit racier, I'm no hooligan) I'm wondering about a steel one but will it really make any difference? the drivetrain and the finishing kit are all similar…

Houns

All great bikes, though i would say that. The only way to decide is go see them, try them a get the one that seems right

sheldona
    Free Member

Voodoo wanga, I'd personnaly never go back to an ali hardtail after riding steel again. Much more responsive and generally a nicer ride.

rp16v
    Free Member

the voodoo's have good chop and change if u want to try ss as they have the slidy dropouts and seem quite agressive and to be a real nice setup but iv never heard anything but good things about the bordman kit

fork wise i think usualy the reba is the more xc biased of the 2 possibley lesstravel than recon but all depends on what they spec on the bikes.

poppa
    Free Member

It depends on the model of the Reba and Recon forks i'm afraid. Some Rebas are almost the same as Recons, just with slightly lighter materials, whereas others have better damping/tunability.

earbyphil
    Free Member

edhornby
    How come you have a Halfords voucher and not cash?

earbyphil

retro83
    Free Member

The 1k boardman fs is really good and has bolt thru forks, else all of those are good bikes.

edhornby

If I'd have said no to the voucher they'd have offered cash but that probably would have been a lower value (because insistence on cash is a fraud indicator for insurance companies). I'm not bothered about the vouchers – they offered me the full RRP of the Fury in vouchers so I'm up on the deal 🙂

time for some research on forks I think… jeebus there are lots of RShox models!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘£600 halfords voucher’ is closed to new replies.