Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 6 chilli rating – anyone tried Sainsbury's new chicken phall?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I noticed this in the Indian ready meal section of a new (big*) local Sainsbury’s. I intend to call back today and buy one and all the necessary curry accessories.

Has anyone here on STW tried one of these and care to comment?

*95,000 sq ft!

16stonepig
    Free Member

No, but I did recently attempt the Wetherspoons Chicken Vindaloo. I nearly died.

Cougar

Did you not cook it for long enough?

Harry_the_Spider

Preparation is everything.

&

derek_starship
    Free Member

We’ve got a BOC plant up the road so I had this delivered earlier.

z1ppy

Have to say I enjoy their curry/rice meals a hell of a lot, always keep a couple in the freezer for a ‘ready meal’, normally cook em up from frozen in the oven but even microwaved there pretty good.
    We grabbed a couple of different ones £10 for 4 main and a couple of side dishes the other night, and though I don’t remember exactly what we bought (mains only no rice) I was surprised to find the ‘heat’ of the spices pretty reasonable.
    Give it a go, you might like it…

duckman

Pah! six chillies are for wee lassies;

The Picolax Thread Returns

organic355
    Free Member

I dint try it but my wife tried the Phal the other night she said it was really spicy and she is a chilly fiend!! We normally get vindaloo/madras from local curry house, and she puts chilly flakes on everything! so if she says it is spicy then it probably is!!

ton

i had singapore noodles with prawn toast and sweet chilli chicken rolls for tea last night, all from sainsburys.
    4 mains and 2 starters for a tenner. it was AWESOME. 8)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

singapore noodles

Dammit, just remember I left my lunch in the fridge!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The ASDA vindaloo takes some beating IMO – would be interested to hear reviews of the OP…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Fantastic. Thoroughly enjoyed this dish and it got my nose running. Way hot enough. Best supermarket curry I’ve ever had. Great offer on at the mo’ too. Four mains and two sides for a tenner. I saved over eight quid. Go to sains today.

donsimon
    Free Member

I noticed this in the Indian ready meal section of a new (big*) local Sainsbury’s. I intend to call back today and buy one and all the necessary curry accessories.

Has anyone here on STW tried one of these and care to comment?
    Sorry, can’t really comment as my local Sainbury’s is small and I’ve never tried a big one to be able to make a comparison.

scaredypants

don’t be sad ds – size isn’t everything

Jamie
    Free Member

On the subject of food you are likely to see twice, I just had some donner meat from the local chippie. It looked like wood shavings with crispy edges.

I still ate it though 😳

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Tried one of the Sainsbury’s phal tonight, it’s not a phal it’s no way near the intense heat and spicyness and the the chicken was dreadful.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Asda’s Curries are made in derby, I have a “few” stories I could tell 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Just add some of Dave’s Gourmet Ghost Pepper chilli sauce.

Spicy

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    Asda’s Curries are made in derby, I have a “few” stories I could tell
    POSTED 40 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Same goes for any prepared meals. As long as it doesn’t kill me I don’t really care 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

The sainsburys phal is just a hot madras, get yer hands on a naga chilli based curry, now you are talking (if you like hot food and a hot ring in the morning)

mrlugz
    Free Member

I had one last Sunday, IMO it’s about as hot as a vindaloo from my regular curry emporium.

Very tasty though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘6 chilli rating – anyone tried Sainsbury's new chicken phall?’ is closed to new replies.