Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 55s
  • jcromton
    Free Member

Hi guys.

I don’t like asking these questions and I don’t do it very often, but I’ve been advised to do so.

How do you rate the Marzocchi 55s? I’m after a pair of 120-160mm bolt-through forks for my ‘rad’ hardtail. These seem to fit the bill with price etc. Any issues to be aware of?

Many thanks

C

freeandsingle
    Free Member

I’m sure that a similar fork to your requirements has popped up in the classifieds a few times over the past week, Z1 Sls or something..£180 or thereabouts..

rockitman

The 08 ones are a disaster zone mate. Numerous threads on here full of horror stories of the TST cartridge seizing. Mine are still with the distributor, Windwave. This is the 2nd time they’ve been back with them having bought them in May 08.

Consensus of the people on here seems to be to stay well clear and there aren’t that many products people seem to say that about!

retro83
    Free Member

Steer well clear unless you like modding forks – the TST2 ones can be opened up and have a shim stack added in place of some washers (prevents the spiking and hydraulic lock problems + makes them really tunable). That said I’m tempted to get a cheap 2nd hand pair just to play with.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I heard that windwave had it sorted and just swap out the internals for the fixed ones?

I figure thats what they’ve done with my 66’s

higgo
    Free Member

Mixed feelings.

When they work they’re a really good fork. I’ve got the ATA2 and don’t think anything comes close for the money.

But they don’t work often enough – mine have been back twice. They’ve now got the latest internal gubbins and are working fine but I don’t know if that’s for the next 5 years or just the first 5 minutes of the next ride.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘55s’ is closed to new replies.