Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • £350 road disc wheels – buy or build?
  • onandon
    Free Member

I need another set of wheels for a road/ cross/ gravel bike.

With a budget of £350 should I buy or build?

Hunts 4 seasons are looking pretty good, or do I go for some pacenti sl25 on Novatec hubs ?

Ideally I want 6 bolt hubs and they need to be QR but convertible to other ” standards ” and 11 speed road.

Not interested in Chinese carbon – I have some and they’re fine but for this money I’d rather not take a chance with the eBay stuff.

Edit – and a max of 1600 grams

onandon
    Free Member

No ideas? Come on, stw had an opinion on everything.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’d go with the Hunt wheels without a doubt.
    I’ve got a set on my Kite and I can’t imagine that you’d get better for the money.

cheers_drive

DT Swiss 350 on Archetypes? Should be able to get some built for your budget. Hunt look good though.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

10g over your weight limit, but only £180. My mate has a set and we were both well impressed for the money. Link: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cosine-23mm-alloy-clincher-disc-brake-road-wheelset/

RustyNissanPrairie

I too would have said Hunt as i’m in the same boat looking for replacement CX/disc wheels but having just read all the reviews on the Cosine wheels – i’m really tempted at £180

onandon
    Free Member

I saw those a few weeks ago. Seriously tempted but no real reviews and how good could a 180 wheelset be ?
    Hubs are probably novatech which I’d be more than happy with. Spoke and rims ? I dunno.

Kind of feel too cheap in some ways

RustyNissanPrairie

Someone commented in the reviews that they thought the rims were made by Alex. The spokes are single gauge and if they are Novatec hubs then it must mean the rims are pretty lightweight to get down to 1600g.

onandon
    Free Member

That’s very true. Maybe Bitex hubs whip are a bit lighter. Anyhow, I think I’ll skip them this time.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I got some DT Swiss R23 on my Rose CX bike
    Very nice. Nice hubs and rims, bladed/butted spokes, all set up tubeless. 11 speed, 1680g

I’ve ridden them on road and down red MTB tracks and they’ve handled it all without any problems

turbo1397
    Free Member

I’d also say hunt wheels- great wheels for the money

milfordvet
    Free Member

deleted post

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘£350 road disc wheels – buy or build?’ is closed to new replies.