Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 34 deg today
  • Expat
    Free Member

Hello and a happy new year from NZ.
    Bit hot today, started my hill ride @29 deg 34 by the time i got to the top (nearer sun!)of the hill.
    dived in the kids paddling pool when got home – lovely.

andrew_f_mk2
    Free Member

Glad you’re enjoying it. It’s 04.14 here at the moment, 0.6 degrees outside and my newly nocturnal daughter is watching Peppa Pig.

Anonymous
    Free Member

31C in sai gon, but as no-one with any sense rides in sai gon, who cares? it’s a much more acceptable 18C in the central highlands at the mo’.

anyone here in cambodia? and, if so, places to bike? i’ll be there over tet and wouldn’t mind some local advice on trails.

Expat
    Free Member

Do you ride off Rd in Saigon? all those land mines lying around…… still i suppose it keeps the wheel builders in work.

Sandwich

Encourages good line choice and trail reading as well!

Anonymous
    Free Member

there are no landmines in sai gon, you silly dumpling! it’s a city of 8M people. the only landmines in the city are on display in the war remnant museum.

riding trails in vn is ok, especially around da lat or sa pa which already have a pretty healthy mtb scene. there are places you wouldn’t ride, or at least you wouldn’t venture too far from a well-used trail, but it’s nowhere near as bad as parts of laos which are a veritable object lesson in unexploded bits and pieces. cluster bomblets are beastly little things.

see? we live on the edge out here 🙂 no stressing about which disc brake offers the maximum stopping power – you’re just happy if baby jesus doesn’t ask you to visit him too soon for your own liking 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

I think it’s gonna be 34 degrees in Edinburgh today too

Farenheit, obviously

devs
    Free Member

-8.5 here in Elgin and I suspect it will be colder at Laggan where I’m going right now!

devs
    Free Member

Bejaysus! Minus 14 at Aviemore. It warmed up to -4 by the time we left Laggan and Aviemore was -10 and the sun was just setting. It’s gonna be real cold tonight!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘34 deg today’ is closed to new replies.