Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 30th birthday – since when has it been a significant milestone celebration?
  • yunki
    Free Member

Mrs yunki is 30 next year and I am going to be 40..

She is trying to blag me with some tosh that your 30th is a milestone celebration..?

what gives..?

shirley it goes 18th, 21st, 40th, die..?

knightrider
    Free Member

always has been, hasn’t it?

yunki
    Free Member

what..!?

I’ve never heard that.. my family must have just been stingy.. 😕

butcher

30 is when you’re officially old. A grown up. It sucks really, I’ve no idea why you’d want to celebrate it.

scotroutes

Why 40th and not 30th?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Feeling old, cradlesnatcher?

😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Naa, 30th means diddly squit. 40th’s ok but just wait till your’e 3 yrs off your 60th, then it dawns on ya!

scaredypants

“millstone”, not milestone – end of youth but a life of drudgery looming 😉

50 soonish for me. Yay 😐

Megatron

I thought about it for at least 30 seconds…
    I booked a holiday in the south of France, and left all the rain/snow/cold to have a great weekend doing what I love (riding my bike).

Nuke from these parts was there, and I even got cake! thank you Ed for sorting that out 🙂

Sunshine and views:

IMG_0702 by Mike Clark, on Flickr

watsontony
    Free Member

as said above 30 is old as ****. Its when you are officially an adult.

It is a milestone, but the milestone should read “move along nothing happening here”

Absolutely no reason to celebrate. I was gutted when i turned 20 as i was no longer a teenager. When i turn 30 its going to be a sad sad day 🙁

br
    Free Member

It never use to be, as most folk were too busy with families/kids, but now I guess many haven’t yet settled down – so any excuse for a party.

timc
    Free Member

30, the age when most your friends give up

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It is if you think it is….

Enjoyed mine but too skint to celebrate in a big way, missus treated herself to her dream bike as a 40th.

maccruiskeen

I think my 30th was the only birthday I celebrated with a proper party. But then I do so little to mark my birthdays normally that I have to have a bit of a think and a count when I get asked my age.

somafunk

i think i’ve kicked the arse out of every single birthday celebration since i was old enough to realise that alcohol is not the only drug worth abusing, so that’s the past 22 odd years then and roll on my 42’nd birthday 😀

rudebwoy
    Free Member

well if Mrs Y wants a big party– whats the harm– as for 18, 21, 40 die– you not going to be around for your 50 ? then there is /was 65 but now going to be later for a lot of poor people.

Beat Down Babylon- lick them wicked man –Junior Byles

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘30th birthday – since when has it been a significant milestone celebration?’ is closed to new replies.