Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 3 x 10 to 2 x 10. Front shifter limit
  • benz
    Free Member

So, bucking the trend for 1 x X and realise that I do not really use the outer ring on my old Trance, and also realising I had a spare bash guard.

So, how to limit the front mech so it won’t shift to the outer ring. Simple job I suspect…..but I am a numpty….

flicker
    Free Member

Set it at the front mech (limit screw) not the shifter.

Or I could read your question properly 😀

There are two limit screws on the front mech, use the shifter to move the mech back and to so you can see which limit screw sets the outer limit and the inner limit, then wind in the outer limit screw until the mech stops in the correct position.

Hopefully someone will be along to tell you whether it is the L or H screw (I can’t remember 🙁 )

thegreatape
    Free Member

What shifter? As well as doing that ^ some Shimano ones can be switched from 3x to 2x (although I don’t know if the mech matters too so I might have half grasped this feature!)

tillydog
    Free Member

…some Shimano ones can be switched from 3x to 2x … I might have half grasped this feature!

You have: the switch is there to confuse you after you have gone voilently OTB on your brand new bike and can’t figure out why the front mech has gone so far out of adjustment that it is impossible to get it to shift between all three front rings after 20 minutes trail-side fiddling with cable and limit screws. It also worked on the bloke in the bike shop at Llandegla.

(Don’t ask me how I know …. :-/ )

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂 think I’ll stay away from that then

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘3 x 10 to 2 x 10. Front shifter limit’ is closed to new replies.