Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 3 Peaks course access
  • Harry_the_Spider

How much of it are you leagally allowed on normally?

I'd love to have a go at bits of it to see if I've got what it takes.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Pretty sure there is a map on the 3 peaks website.

crazy-legs

Map here:
    http://www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk/course_details_notraining.htm

You're allowed to ride from Ribblehead up the BW to where the FP joins from Whernside ridge and also the BW from the road up to PyG before the FP turns R to go to the summit.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Not very much. From Horton up the road, left toward South House then the race goes off-ROW-route up to the top of Ingleborough. You would then need to ride up Ingleborough from the Hill Inn which you can for about 1Km which is a dead end as a BW. Going up Penyghent the BW goes about half way up.

C

MrSparkle

Not that much of it, Andrew. Some of it is footpaths and a fair bit (Simon Fell, for example) is private land.

Harry_the_Spider

Bugger. I was thinking of doing a 1 peak to see what it was like.

crazy-legs

Do it on foot. Best way of recce-ing the course anyway.

domino

There are a couple of routes that go around Pen Y Ghent and Ingleborough using bridleways that you could do instead. Okay, so you won't get the full height gain but you'll get a good idea of the terrain.

terrahawk
    Free Member

you've got what it takes. Just enter it next year and stop umming and ahhhing 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Don't "dare" me into doing it! It will get out of control and I'll get in trouble.

We'll have to have a bit of a play out up there first before I make my mind up. Fancy it in a few weeks?

MrSparkle

Some of us will be having a 'play' up there in a few weeks anyway…

terrahawk
    Free Member

yes. Of course I do.
    We can go up there for a walk. I will bring the kids in the pushchair.
    I got 2 kids in this to the top of Snowdon and back so the ruddy 3 Peaks should be well doable

Harry_the_Spider

Dads and kids thing next Saturday if you fancy it. Same venue and dads/kids as the last one.

terrahawk
    Free Member

okey dokey

send me an email an ting

AntM
    Free Member

just buy the cross bike and do some fell races to get fit for it next year! Don't fanny around! you know you want to do it!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we rode over Ingleborough today – it was ace :o)

some wrinklies tried to make a citizen's arrest but we didn't go quietly 🙂 The place in question wasn't a footpath either…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks course access’ is closed to new replies.