Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • 3 classic car game anyone ?
  • righog
    Free Member

This week I have mainly been watching car videos on Youtube, quite a few actually. I thought I would share this one, as it got me thinking what three cars would make a nice little collection.

You will need the subtitles on if you cant speak Italian.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-tINbodwU[/video]

so If you want to play along stick to three cars but make up your own rules other than that. I went with ” Cars that are reasonably obtainable”

1. Porsche Boxster ” The everyday classic”

2. Triumph spitfire 1500 ” I had one once, and to give that old school interior and driving experience”

3. Alfa Romeo 156 “one with the stupid massive rear spoiler, maybe worth something in the future….V6 or GTA if possible”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you have to ask why…..

AM DBR1

AM DB2/4 Allemano

AM V600 Le Mans

bikebouy
    Free Member

righog
    Free Member

CFH

Think this is the right order

IHN

Weekend runabout:

Summer best:

Impractical lunacy but OMFG look at it!

nealglover
    Free Member

VW 23 Window Samba.
    VW Type 147 Fridolin.

And this… 🙂

TheDTs
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

Panther

Panther

Panther

core

Lancia Fulvia HF

MK1 Austin Mini Cooper S

MK1 Ford Cortina 1500GT

Preferably I’d like two of each, one for road use, and one proper stage rally car.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Land rover 101 forward control.

63 split rear window beetle.

S1 Elise.

michaelbowden

Coz I can’t post pictures from work you have to imagine them

1. McLaren F1, don’t care which one or colour but if we’re going to be really silly one of the 6 LM’s
    2. Jaguar D-Type, longtail with short nose, full width screen in BRG
    3. MK1 1071 Mini Cooper S, Surf blue

Mister-P
    Free Member

63 split rear window beetle.

1963 Beetles didn’t have a split rear window. They were on cars up until 1952.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I only said 63 cause it said so under that picture when I googled beetle split rear window

Perhaps tis been modified. Charletans

righog
    Free Member

Here you go

michaelbowden – Member
    Coz I can’t post pictures from work you have to imagine them

geetee1972
    Free Member

The AM collection is WRONG!

Any classic AM collection that does not have one of these in it is inexcusable (and can only be explained because the OP didn’t know of its existence):

I’ve was lucky enough to see this exact same car in real life once. I was on my way home very early in the morning in London, around 4.30am and sat at the traffic lights on the south side of Blackfriars bridge when this thing pulled up alongside me. I knew what it was and was so gobsmacked I persuaded the owner to pull over and let me drool. He was a lovely chap. I remember he said that the best thing about it was that it went like absolute stink.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course I’m aware of it. They’re lovely, but a bit of a cliché though, hence why I prefer the Allemano. It’s unique. (C.25 Zagatos, IIRC)

righog
    Free Member

Great Car Geetee

The AM collection is WRONG!

Any classic AM collection that does not have one of these in it is inexcusable (and can only be explained because the OP didn’t know of its existence):

errr…It’s just a general classics thread 🙂

I have been lucky enough to see a couple of DB4 Zagatos, in the metal, I think I once saw one in a small Museum in the North York moors, although I may have dreamt this.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Of course I’m aware of it. It’s a bit of a cliché though, hence why I prefer the Allemano. It’s unique. (C.25 Zagatos, IIRC)

😯 Heretic!

michaelbowden

righog – Member

Here you go

Thank you! Good match on the Mini.

And the D-Type just needs the fin-tail and full width screen to be perfect.

Hope this works, this one is blue but other than that…

I think the F1 would just about do.

slackboy

Porsche 365 Speedster

VW Golf Gti in Oak Green.

Family wagon

geetee1972
    Free Member

errr…It’s just a general classics thread

It may be but these things are important. If you don’t take it seriously, the next thing you know is some ignoramous somewhere will pillory someone for posting this:

And then make some fatuous claim that this is some how ‘classic’:

It’s the thin end of the wedge I tell you (pun intended)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Because I designed it
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/DmCBmK]_MG_4088w.tif[/url] by WCA!, on Flickr

Because it has 600BHP but still pretends to be a baby Mercedes

Because I need something comfortable for the wife that will also fit bikes

The one in the garage behind the RR isn’t too shoddy either

righog
    Free Member

Some great choices here enough to change my mind…Maybe

The Oak Green Mk II GTI….I lusted after one of those once upon a time.

D type Jag….Well I have driven one ( well a very good copy anyway ) Many years ago I went to a classics track day and the highlight of the day was supposed to be a drive in a V8 Cobra, My mate did his lap first and there was something up with the Cobra, I was as you can imagine somewhat disappointed, until they rolled out the D type re creation. It was a bit quick and the one thing I remember is the instructor shouting dont lift off !! as we went around every corner.

Elise….Well 5 years ago I would have had that over the Boxster…But have you tried getting in and out of one 🙂

michaelbowden

WCA

Sticking a blower on a SLK must make it really quite silly. I had a 55 Kompressor CL and that was mad even though it weighed 2 tonnes.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

V silly. Traction control flickers at 120 if you keep your foot down. I have never had such a traction limited car, even my old Cl600 AMG which had monster torque gripped better. I am sure the TC light will be the first bit to break through over use but you can’t turn the system off, just down a little

geetee1972
    Free Member

Traction control flickers at 120 if you keep your foot down

[judgement mode off] I always wondered where your user name came from. Now I know! 😯 [/judgement mode on]

michaelbowden

WCA. Have you go a slipper fitted to it? If not it would make a huge difference. I can’t believe AMG didn’t fit them as standard. My CL55 was desperate for one the SLK must be virtually undrivabke in the wet without one. If you ever decide to sell it. Let me know, the Wife would love it.

sbob
    Free Member

the next thing you know is some ignoramous somewhere will pillory someone for posting this

Saw one in the flesh once in Cambridge.
    Looked like Ray Charles had stuck two halves of different kit cars together, badly.
    Whilst pissed.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Looked like Ray Charles had stuck two halves of different kit cars together, badly.
    Whilst pissed.

The best description I vividly remember reading was that it looked like a cross between a demented grasshopper and a brick.

They are utterly contentious in their looks (which is why I picked it) but they are genuinely an unsung hero of a car. They corner like they’re on rails and at least look like nothing else ever made either before or since.

TheFlyingOx

It took every ounce of self control not to stick the FD RX7 as my first pick. I’m staying in the Land of the Rising Sun though:

Never liked Porsches growing up, never liked them once I passed my test, you couldn’t have paid me to have one throughought my twenties. Then all of a sudden I realise I’m lusting after a 1980s air-cooled 911. In tobacco brown. Must be a looming middle-age thing.

Yes. All of the yesses.

failedengineer

Ooooo. Some lovely stuff here.

My 2 penn’orth:

Lotus Cortina Mk1
    AC Cobra 289
    Ciroen DS 23 for my everyday car. Maybe an estate for the bikes.

somafunk

geetee1972 : stunning Alfa SZ, there was one advertised on a classic car forum perhaps 16 odd years that I noticed after browsing for a decent 3.0 75, think it was up for either £17,000 or £27,000 and I was seriously thinking of buying it as I knew it could only go up in price but I settled for a 75 1.8T that I drove back from Italy only to have a dozy bint rear end me at 70mph as she applied her make up whilst I was stationary in motorway roadworks a few months into my Alfa ownership, no amount of make up would ever make her face acceptable in public afterwards as she wasn’t wearing a seatbelt.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

WCA. Have you go a slipper fitted to it?

Not sure what you mean. LSD, custom ECU programming,blue printing engine

Yes

I only buy cars where the previous owner has spent a lot of money so I don’t need to

slowoldman

What? No Austin Healey?

RustySpanner

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I4 Mini Marcos
    V8 Cobra GT350R (yes they were called cobras)
    Couldn’t decide on a V12, toss up between the AM and a 575, but supercars are not ageing well so it may as well be something new.

michaelbowden

WCA. Yes LSD. Great to hear it was done properly.

tthew

Something 80’s and japanese. Possibly Mitsubishi Starion.
    Somthing commercial and locally made. ERF CF. Everyday driver. Sensible 911.

sbob
    Free Member

Alright then,
    daily driver, 429 Boss Mustang.

Practical shopper, GMC Syclone.

For taking the missus out at the weekend:

The 429 because it’s butch as ****, and way more powerful than you would expect a ’60s Yank tank to be.
    The Syclone because I’m one third hill-billy and love pick ups. Especially those that will out accelerate a Porsche.
    The Jag because stylistically it’s perfect. Rip off the badges and you still know it’s a Jag (which is why I don’t like the XF). It will do over 200mph without wanting to throw you off the black stuff (unlike the McLaren F1 which gets well twitchy according to my mate). As a road going supercar, nothing else comes close.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Lancia Delta Integrale – Summer blasts
    Triumph Stag V8 – Love the sound and four seats for the kids. (The Delta won’t have four seats because it would have a roll cage for when it heads for the trees)
    Unimog (pick your flavour) – For doing ‘stuff’ like rescuing the other two….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘3 classic car game anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.