Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2fo cliplite or five ten kestrel
  • ybsurf
    Free Member

Looking to upgrade my shimano m089 shoes to something stiffer but still need a good rubber outsole for upcoming trip to moab and Sedona read a few bad review on kestrel boa but like the carbon midsole. I know every feet are different but are they similar in stiffness

noahhowes
    Free Member

The Kestrel is massively stiff, to the extent that I couldn’t push my bike up horrible steep bits whilst wearing them or I’d just get blisters.

They were great on the bike though, until the soles fell off both of them after 8 months. Replaced with a Giro Terraduro, stiff enough, comfier and still have their soles attached.

jam-bo

no idea about the kestrels but really like my cliplites.

oldejeans
    Free Member

my kestrels are stiff! I still get blisters on one heel if I have to walk more than a mile or two. They’re my first boa shoes, but they won’t be the last. In true five ten style a hole has developed in the sole by the toe, but they have been used every day on mostly short road commutes for 6 months

sandwicheater

Had my 2fo for about 6 months and very pleased, walking up Snowdon no issue out of the box, good stiff platform, i struggle to clip in sometimes but i’m more used to a XC shoes so will get better. Was a PSA for some at about £60 on here somewhere.

ybsurf
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply got the cliplite brand new o pinkbike.com for half price I’m stoked can’t wait to try them. Kestrel had too many bad reviews maybe if five ten fix the bad I’ll try them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2fo cliplite or five ten kestrel’ is closed to new replies.