Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wife wants a new bike
  • porter_jamie

Background:
    After months of telling me her camber is just fine ( there is nothing wrong with it it has served her well) she heard a (female) friend of ours is getting a ‘better’ camber than hers. It’s got posher forks or something. “I’m not having that” she said.
    So that’s good.
    Two options so far. Canyon spectral 7 (mens version for fit reasons) which has lots of nice bits and the new 145 Aeris which she likes the look of with pikes and slx or xt.

The canyon seems to be very good vfm. I have an old Aeris so she would constantly remind me how hers is better. I can live with that.

Anything else with 140/150mm with rct3 pikes and slx/xt level kit for 3k ish?

andytheadequate
    Free Member

What about a fork upgrade? Or does it have to be a new bike?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Why did I see camber as cucumber.

flaps
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Cube Stereo 140 SL (2016), you can get them now for £1700 with 150 Pike, SRAM 1×11 etc. Worth a look? My mate bought the carbon version for £2,100. Could put the savings towards bits for yours 😉

duncancallum

I just bought the pro build tracer carbon….
    http://bikes.merlincycles.com/search#?w=intense%202016

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Just resticker her old forks as newer better ones and give them a polishing

She’ll never notice.

mother
    Free Member

Sent you a pm

porter_jamie

CHL – arf
    CCP – freudian? 🙂
    flaps – good shout shall look
    ATA – its 120mm 26″ non tapered 9mm qr (but hope wheels so any axle ok) You cant find nice forks for it. She wants a bit more travel as we have been to the alps 3 times now and she does very well but i imagine its hard work compared to my 160mm forks on the aeris. We think 140/150 would be ideal for here.
    DC – shall look there too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wife wants a new bike’ is closed to new replies.