Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 29er wheelsets best option from….
  • vondally
    Free Member

superestar Stans Rims Superdeal – Flow On Switch EVO Hubs £220
    or
    Ultralight Stans Superdeal – Crest CX-Ray + Trizoid Wheelset £299

or
    Hope evos on crests £320 from 18 bikes.

The wheelset will be used by a 92 kilo rider without bag/gear in essence naked weight what do think is the best set for all day distance riding/enduros?
    Usual wheels are hopes on flows with 2.4 tyres from 18 bikes and very ahppy with them.

Needs adaptable front hub as well

Naranjada
    Free Member

I’m a bit lighter than you and have just had some Hope Pro II EVO (10mm RWS rear and 15mm axle front) in Stans Arch EX 29 (white) with black DT spokes and rim tape fitted built at Just Riding Along for my new Solaris, and I have to say they look fab, a much glossier and expensive-looking finish than the 26″ Flows Hope Hoops that I have.

They cost about £360 for the pair delivered.

I rode a Solaris in the Peak on Crest rims and they seemed OK but I wanted something a bit stiffer so went for Arch EX. The Ardent 2.25s I fitted went on a treat and inflated first time with a track pump.

I’ll ride them tomorrow for the first time.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Arch Ex’s on hopes.There was a rumour (from hope) that there were going to be arch hope hoops.

vondally
    Free Member

£320 is the most we were looking to pay…….double dip recession!

nashwaymule
    Free Member

Hope pro ll hubs on crest rims, I am heavier than you and have had nearly 1000 miles out of these so far no probs.
    Hope hubs go on for ever also.

nsaints
    Free Member

I have some stan’s hubs – the sealing isn’t as good as hopes
    If you don’t mind regaularly stripping, cleaning and rebuilding your hubs then this isn’t an issue

see my time again I would have taken the minor weight penalty and gone for hopes

vondally
    Free Member

any other views from the evening gathering

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d go with the Hope hoops. If you shop around, you can get them for less than £300.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I’ve just had my rims( 355’s pretty much the same as crest’s) changed for a pair of flows as they were very flexy .
    Also I ran ardents tubeless and they did roll a fair bit at less than 40psi so hopefully the wider rims will help

Edit …oh and hope pro 2 hubs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘29er wheelsets best option from….’ is closed to new replies.