Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 29er Trail Wheelsets / Rim options
  • the_lecht_rocks

light and strong wanted. to run up to 2.4″ Ardents.

recommendations ?

TIA 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Stans Flow on Hope hubs ftw.

amplebrew

I’ve been running Crest’s on Hope from JRA for well over a year with no problems; I haven’t even had to true them.

mboy
    Free Member

You need wide rims if you’re running a 2.4″ Ardent as they’re huge. Would suggest a Stans Flow as a minimum myself…

bol

I’m getting on well with my C29ssmax mavics at first acquaintance. Feel stiffer and faster than my crests/hopes. Only 19mm internal rim width though, so not as burly as Flows for huge tyres.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’d go hope and flows. Shame Mavic don’t build a slightly wider rim. Sun ringle black flag look good too.

Psa black flags going cheap on crc £175 f&r

jameso

Flows as a minimum, or for 15psi UST cush and great tyre profile, Velocity P35s. They’re only 70g or so more per rim more than Flows. I was encouraged to use them for big 29er tyres over Flows due to the support at really low pressures and they were right.

Have a look at the new Pacenti 28mm wide rims too – way lighter than Flows and tubeless compatible. Pacenti rims news

I have Flows on the FS, they’ve been fine, but would replace with something wider like the P35s if I need new wheels.

tazzymtb

velocity p35’s just bloomin lovely with a fat tyre, and tubeless as well.

Clink

velocity p35’s just bloomin lovely with a fat tyre, and tubeless as well.

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Oh god….T_L_H has gone big 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘29er Trail Wheelsets / Rim options’ is closed to new replies.