Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 29er rohloff frame
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

on the back of my thorn thread the other day and having gotten a response from them regarding 29ers 🙁

can anyone else suggest a 29er rohloff compatible (want the long left hand drop out for easy wheel removal) with full rack mounts on the rear and disk compatible

Willing to go custom but the ones ive looked at dont do/want to do 29ers.

Curtis , dave yates , robin thorn

The guys at work reccomended bob jackson but hes pretty much road only 🙁

would like to base it on a 2005 gary fisher rig if i have to go custom

twinklydave
    trail_rat
    Free Member

althought its twinklydave-1 it works for me too … TD-1 obviously designed for me at Terry Davidson-1 😉

wonder what the damage will be – wasnt really looking for ti but if i "have" to have ti then i guess i could ….

its on the list ! i know it`ll be fun to ride ! this the aim – want to build it more as a utility/ training/ touring bike and future proofing for doing the GDR in the next couple of years hence why i want full rack mounts im not pissing about with those stupid seatpost mounted racks that keep snapping …

Gruenermoench
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

just noticed the TD-1 doesnt have rack mounts and neither does that thylacine

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

Well you can specify rack mounts because they only do custom, in fact you can specify anything you want.

Alek
    Free Member

Liking that first thylacine 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

long as they promise not to do that boggin seat tube top tube junction 😉

thought that was the nz feather on the tt but seems they are from aus

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

Whilst my Ti29 isnt rohloff specific, my bone fix for it is subtle enough that it could be as good as. In fact because of the orientation of the torque plate and bone and the disc mount in the rear triangle it makes it very easy to mount the wheel – more so than a rohloff OEM drop out I reckon 🙂

and only £800 at O-O at the moment…

you can, of course, re-orientate the click box to go up the seat stay for a different routing depending on your urges. Either way its pretty low profile and Ive not caught the box on anything – and this build has been to Luchon with me.

singlespeedstu

I think you want the Sheep realy Terry….. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

does it have rack mounts ? i know it works with rohloff ive been passed by it being ridden by a queer 😉

What size is it ? TT and ST

Still waiting to get my RIG back from the copshop , keep getting sent on a wild goose chase for it … first of all its in mastrick station but the guy i need isnt there and i need to give him a statement etc … now its in queen street lost and found and doesnt need a statement apparently … but at least ive got a referance number now !

singlespeedstu

If you get one built you can have what ever you want. 😉

I didn't spec rack mounts on mine but I've drilled and taped the slider adjusting bolts and got a seatpost clamp with rack mounts.

Works rather well.

Oh BTW I sold my Hoff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

forgot how ugly that bike was ….

can you get rid of all spaghetti ?

singlespeedstu

How dare you. 😉

Dunno if you're still looking at this thread. You don't need braze-ons for a rack: http://www.oldmanmountain.com/Pages/RackPages/RackGalleries/Pages/csRear_gallery.htm

Also, if you have an EBB that uncomplicates the rea end quite a bit…my old Gary Fisher Rig29 works well.

There's also the Monkeybone for OEM2 mounted Speedhub. http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk/ sell them. Or cyclemonkey in the States.

Failing that, just buy a Surly KM and you'll be set for the lot…after all,steel is real….and it''s the way I'm going as soon as I manage to wreck my frame…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

i know about the omm rack mounts but would prefer bosses

ebb is nice – currently have a rig29

currently drawn towards the ragley TD1 atm – slidy drop outs – modifiable for a rack I think – M-part seat collar for the upper bosses and drill and tap the slidys for lower bosses

frame materials a bit fancy but still a grand less than custom !

timbur
    Free Member

Van Dessel Ramble Tamble.

epicyclo

I have a sliding dropout On-One 29er that I bought ages ago for the same purposes, and I got Rohloff sliders for it.

It doesn't have the rack mounts at the top, but that is easily covered with a Giant seat clamp that has them. The dropout area is quite flat and there are 2 holes there that I intended to use for a rack.

There may be one floating around on eBay – be a cheap option and if you are touring, a steel bike is as good as anything else because the bike weight is not so important.

If you are in this area you can look at mine.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘29er rohloff frame’ is closed to new replies.