Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 29er Rear Tyre
  • j5kol
    Free Member

So which 29er rear tyre with the capability to give plenty of grip on the now very wet trails would you recommend ?

martinh
    Free Member

Maxxis DHR2

danbo
    Free Member

Hans Dampf still gripping hard for me.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Racing Ralph for me.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

My 1000 mile old Ralph is starting to struggle on the back in this weather 🙁

Luckily I have a set of maxxis beavers on the spare wheels for muddy days!

takisawa2

Kept my Ralphs in year round. Very happy with them. Probably go for something more aggressive on the front.

j5kol
    Free Member

What about the Nobby Nic, been told they are fairly good

Alex

I quite like the back of the 29er being ‘a bit loose’ 😉 Run a mountain king 2.2 on the back and rubber queen on the front. Wouldn’t get a RQ in the back of the Solaris without clearance issues (run a mech). As long as the front’s going the right way, less worried about the rear.

Having said that run a HansD/Nobby Nic combo on my other 29er (FS) and it’s a good combo, The NN does wear very quickly tho.

cynic-al
    Free Member

See my yesterday’s thread for high volume options.

sumomatt
    Free Member

Hans Dampf still working for me, might pop a Specialized Purgatory on in a couple of months.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Maxxis ardent for me on the back.

Carax
    Free Member

I like Rocket Rons on the rear, unless conditions are especially gloopy when Bontrager Mud X come into their own.

RickSpangle
    Free Member

Rubber queen rear… And liking it….

Give up on nobbys and rons and Ralph’s….might have some for sale if anyone’s interested…. 🙂

j5kol
    Free Member

Can you give more details on what you are selling Rick Spangle

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘29er Rear Tyre’ is closed to new replies.