Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Ooops, I accidentally bought a new bike….
  • woody2000

Kona MinUte

For £350 seems a steal, even if I don’t fully know what I’ll do with it! 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I quite like that 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

For £350 seems a steal, even if I don’t fully know what I’ll do with it!

Ride it 💡

toys19
    Free Member

I have a big ute and its hoot. I might have to buy the wife that little ute…

tomhoward

I went in to my lbs last weds, to buy some tubes. Walked out with a madone 5.2 and a job 😕

yunki
    Free Member

Shit hot

woody2000

Tomhoward – can’t top that 🙂

I’m idly wondering if it will make a half decent off(ish) road tourer/bike packing machine. I’ve got a few different wheel/fork combos I can try. It’ll also nicely fit the nippers on for the short run to school instead of walking 🙂

eyerideit
    Free Member

Can you fit a baby/child seat on the back of that?

Looks like the perfect baby hauling machine.

lunge

Oh dear, they have a 20″ in stock. Woody I both love and hate you!

eyerideit
    Free Member

and an 18″ which would be right for me.

Matt black as well!

woody2000

Sorry lunge 😉

I reckon you must be able to fit a baby seat of some kind, the deck is nearly 2 foot long so plenty of room

I got a black 18″ 🙂

easygirl

There’s a video on the kona site, and it has a baby seat fitted to it

pictonroad

Oops, bought a blue one! I’ve bought 3 bikes this week, need to PACK IT IN tbh..

OP, you git..

loddrik
    Free Member

Cracking bike, would love one, as ‘cool’ as mainstream bikes get. Won’t see many on the roads too.

woody2000

The Kona MinUte, six months later

Some info on seats at the bottom of this link

triple_s

I’ve got a big Ute, went out with both my boys(oldest is 2, little one is 9 months) on the back for the first time at the weekend, had quite a few looks (Mrs s was riding behind and said it was great to see people’s reactions)

Got 2 Polisport Guppy seats, they’re really good, just need to take the deck off and clamp them straight onto the frame. Can’t run them with the bags unfortunately but I’ve got a rack on the front now.

I want an excuse to buy a Minute…bargain for £350…

user-removed
    Free Member

Can’t find much info re sizes, apart from that they only do 18 and 20″. I guess the 20″ option would fit me at a shade under six foot?

woody2000

I’d say a 20 at 6 foot u_r, I’m 5’8 (almost!) 🙂

lunge

Just pressed the button, had to buy a new lock too so £400 spent. Thanks Woody…I think…

toby1

Pictonroad – more. Info needed please 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I bought a Minute last year. Love it. Got baby seat up front. Once he’s a bit older I’m going to convert the rear wooden deck to a descent seat and fit some stocker bars to the seat post. Mrs Wachowchow uses it for the daily nursery commute and I take the boy up the woods on it at weekends. Also you can get a weeks shopping in those bags.
    Good beer truck too!

eyerideit
    Free Member

@Jef Wachowchow

Mrs Wachowchow uses it for the daily nursery commute and I take the boy up the woods on it at weekends.

How tall’s your Mrs, I was thinking about getting one for joint use as well? Mines 5′ 6″

easygirl

Just bought one to take in our motorhome, will be great for cycling to shops and putting shopping in, going to beach etc

user-removed
    Free Member

Bought a 20″ matt black one. Cheers for the psa – hoping it might rekindle my interest in turning pedals after almost a year off the bikes 😯

woody2000

🙂

Maybe we should organise a STW cargo bike rideout sometime 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

@eyerideit

My Mrs is about 5’6″ as well, I am just shy of 6′. We got the 18″ version which is just right for her (Her main bike is a medium 5 spot 2006) and it is a bit snug for me but fine for the trundling around I do.

ononeorange

Best I can offer is that I phoned up a well-known bike shop for a £9 Hope bearing tool and finished the conversation having committed to a Solaris. No job though…..

eyerideit
    Free Member

Thanks Jef 8)

timbur
    Free Member

I was hovering over the BIN button on one of those on Monday.
    Looks like a lot of bike for not much cash.

wwaswas

I do wish this thread woudl stop bobbing back up to the top of the list.

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m guessing they don’t come with the pannier / bag things? Just wondered as other places seem to sell them with the bags, but CRC don’t mention them.

dibboid
    Free Member

I’m guessing they don’t come with the pannier / bag things? Just wondered as other places seem to sell them with the bags, but CRC don’t mention them.

in the spec sheet at the bottom.

Extras: Fenders, Kona Bell, Acacia Wood Deck, 2 Kona Ute Bags

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m obviously having a blonde day – does that mean they need purchased separately, or that they are included? Seems a bit vague to me…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I don’t fully know what I’ll do with it!

Well, you won’t be admiring it’s looks…

woody2000

It’s all included u_r

It’s not that ugly scotchegg 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Extremely excited now – it’s my 40th birthday present to my self. Some blokes buy a Porsche or a motorbike but I’m happy with this thing.

triple_s

Just bought one for Mrs s 🙂 We now have his n’ hers bikes!

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one as well.

I thought my first new bike would be a fancy pants carbon road bike but it’s this.

Very exciting and thanks for the PSA Woody.

woody2000

Bit of an inadvertent psa really, I reckon stw is going to buy all the crc stock though 🙂

Only the second time I’ve bought a brand new bike, normally buy used and in bits!

I reckon it’s my midlife crisis bike too user-removed, it was this or a bmx!

iamroughrider
    Free Member

correction – should be this and a bmx 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Ooops, I accidentally bought a new bike….’ is closed to new replies.