Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29+ rims
  • rOcKeTdOg

apart from Rabbits which seem v expensive, what else is good?

letmetalktomark

Liking my Dually. Very stiff.

john_l
    Free Member

I’m using a Blunt 35. Bit lighter than the Dually, nice but probably not as nice.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Recently received some Dually’s, really nice and rock solid..

martinh
    Free Member

Dually over P35 Blunts. Blunts are narrower and not as stiff. Stans Hugos coming soon

rOcKeTdOg

About £40 difference though

ratadog

Cheapest alternatives I found were courtesy of the unicyclists. Between 40 and 50ukp per rim. I have a Kris Holm freeride rim. It is about 250g heavier than the rabbit.

Cheezpleez

I’m also looking for 29+ rims.

Those Kris Holm rims are 36-hole only, aren’t they?

Anyone know when the Hugo is due to land and how much it’ll cost?

I’m thinking I’ll get a Blunt 35 for now and see what’s available in a few months.

peanut
    Free Member

^ My advice would be to go the extra and get the Dually’s over the Blunt 35. I have both and the Dually’s are much better.

Gotama
    Free Member

Agreed, the dually on the rear of my jones which replaced a P35/ blunt is noticeably stiffer and all the better for it; albeit i’m quite heavy at 99kg so possibly more likely to notice it than someone who is 20kg less if you happen to be a racing snake. The wider rim also makes a big positive difference to the tyre profile as well with a 2.4 Ardent 29er as the test case. I’d imagine this will be even more noticeable with a knard or equiv on there.

Edit in stalker mode – Cheez think you are peaslake local ….I have a slightly battered rear p35 rim laced to a hope hub if you want to stick it in the back of your frame and compare it side by side with the dually on my jones?

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers guys, a 2.4 ardent on a DT470 just ain’t giving enough “cushion”

Cheezpleez

@gotama Ta for the offer. Thing is, I happen to have some spokes that will work with a Blunt but not a Dually. That means it’ll be a whole lot cheaper to build a Blunt as a toe in the water. Longer term no doubt I’ll trade up to a Dually, Hugo or whatever’s about to appear on the market.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29+ rims’ is closed to new replies.