Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 29" large volume tyre
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Currently have 2.2 Conti Race Kings front and back. Run rigid front and these come up pretty big but need something with abit more bite for the winter on the front. Want the same volume as this helps with trail chatter. Have just tried a 2.25 Nobbly Nic but this comes up smaller than the 2.2. Would say a Conti Mountain King come up to a similar volume to the Race King or what else is there.

jonnyv
    Free Member

Schwalbe Hans Dampf? I’ve got one on my tallboy,it has girth.

Nipper99
    Free Member

what size jonnyv.

Nipper99
    Free Member

well, 2.35 Nobbly Nick seems to come up the same size so we’ll see how we get on at brechfa tomorrow.

Clink

I found 2.35 Nic to be rubbish in mud; Hans D heavier but much better grip.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Purgatory 2.3 or Mountain King II 2.4 should be considered also

aracer
    Free Member

You want a large volume 29er tyre?
    http://surlybikes.com/parts/knard_29

Otherwise the Hans Dampf mentioned above gets very good reports from the unicyclists who use it.

rOcKeTdOg

2.4 ardents are enormous!

BigR

Agree with RD 2.4 Ardents are huge but ace if you don’t mind the weight.

OCB
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Conti Mountain King’s in 2.4 (version 1’s) and they are both pretty big (on 30mm rims), and have decent bite (in my experience).

Rorschach
    Free Member

2.4 conti 29ers have only just been released in black chilli.Non bc are death incarnate.

Clink

Just ridden in the mud this morning, 2.4 Ardent in front, 2.4 Racing Ralph rear. Mounted on Velocity P35 35mm rims so spread wide and tubeless and they are both surprising me with their grip on this setup. I’ll be holding off fitting anything else for a while yet.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I find 2.4 Ralphs surprisingly good in mud also, make a great front tyre too as the side lugs are quite high.

cynic-al
    Free Member

mtbtires.com up to date?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

2.35 rampages on at the mo, pretty big

Nipper99
    Free Member

the 2.35 nobbly nik was pretty spot on, still pretty fast rolling and volume wise as big if not a little bigger than the race kings.

takisawa2

2.2 Kenda Nevegal comes up pretty big, but weighs a ton.

I have a 2.4 Racing Ralph EVO on mine at the moment. Very light & very big. I’m going to be ordering another tonight. Very happy with it. Soon as I have a pair I’ll do a ghetto tubeless conversion.

vondally
    Free Member

2.4conti mountain king front 2.3 wtb exiwolf rear, both big volume, decent enough tyres

charliedontsurf

Surly Knard…. I took a surly krampus with its 29er 3.0 tyres around Ashton court this weekend…. Marvelous.

wobbem
    Free Member

Ardents have the biggest volume, I also use conti chilli 2.4s and HD and RR

Schweiz
    Free Member

Ardents, Rampages and Hans dampfs are all excellent and voluminous. I’ve found Nics, Ralphs, Mountain Kings and race kings all far too delicate for my weight, skillset and local terrain.

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

i have a 2.4 and 2.2 front and rear respectively on the fish.both tubeless and surprisingly grippy in the gloop.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘29" large volume tyre’ is closed to new replies.