Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Prescription sun glasses?
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

I have some medical insurance to use up this month, and having paid into it all year I suddenly feel I’ve not abused it as much as I ought to have done. They cover me for £200 on optical stuff, so £30 for another checkup and I have some cash to burn on new glasses.

It’s been so long since I bought glasses I don’t know the best way to go about it. Do I just get an updated prescription from my optician and send it off to one of the websites selling fancy prescription Oakley? Any particular ones to recommend or avoid?

Cheers

CountZero

I can thoroughly recommend Simply Spec, they made up lenses for a pair of RayBan frames I got off the interwebz, and they are outstanding, and I’ve had Oakley Rx lenses before, so I can do a comparison. They do Oakley Rx lenses and frames as well, so well up to scratch. 😉
    They also made up another pair of sunglasses using a Bausch & Lombe frame I picked up cheap with badly scratched lenses, and did a fantastic job, cost me £40 because I had multi-layer AR coating, otherwise £20.
    http://www.simplyspecs.biz/
    I do have an advantage, in that I work just along the road from them, so I can pop in any time, which is handy.

tron
    Free Member

Get a set of Rx wayfarers or aviators. Oakleys off the bike = middle aged man.

pottsathome
    Free Member

It’s annoying you loose the little ray ban sign of your lense though

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Prescription sun glasses?’ is closed to new replies.