Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 24/12 course conditions? (again)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Anyone been down there yesterday? Drove past on Wednesday but didn't get time to have a quick look. Anyone know what the trail conditions are like? Normally they are fairly dry uptop but down by the river can get a little skanky i.e. from experience with SBottoms. Cheers.

snaps
    Free Member

I'm about 35 miles north of there & its pi$$ing down & forecast to get worse today before clearing up tomorrow.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I camped there with the mini-wilsons last night. It rained quite a bit in the night but is currently quite windy and on-and-off sunny. campsite is damp but firm. official practice/bike demo stuff is 12-8 today: I'll have spin round the course this afternoon. If i only took one set of tyres i would go for wide spaced not-too-tall knobbles in a soft compound flavour.

foxyrider
    Free Member

ahh perfect JW – yeh I have got conti MK 2.2 protections – should clear OK in surface sticky mud but full mud tyres get a bid dodgy in the dry sections at the top from memory – I know MK's are not the favourites but they are tubeless so can't change them that quickly!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Anymore updates since that god awful rainstorm we just had nr Exeter?

"like before but wetter 😉 "

carlphillips
    Free Member

its currently very sunny here, but the mother of all rain falls went over earlier. as you said the top bits will possibly dry out but there is no way some of the lower sections will survive, all adds to the fun though!!

mud tires for me. esp after 1500 riders go over the trails and turn them into a quagmire.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘24/12 course conditions? (again)’ is closed to new replies.