Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Recommend me a Ti frame…
  • druidh
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member

van nick zion – cheap, light, fast, brilliant frame detailing what’s not to like (mate has one)

OK it’s not very “core” like the 456Ti is.

You missed “versatile”. My cheapo copy of a Zion has been around SITS, to the top of Cairngorm and loaded up with panniers for off-road touring.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Love my Seven Sola. IMO if you go the Ti route you have to lay down the cash to get the benefits over a steel bike. Indy Fab also make some lurvely bikes too. If I was in the market again I would probably get an Indy.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Fat tread have a few Elevens in the sale for under the price you are talking about.they retailed at 1600 but are less than a grand. possibly only Large and smalls though..

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Another vote for Airborne/Van Nicholas. I borrowed my friend’s Black Widow for a quick bash around the woods and that was it… she very very very kindly let me have her frame(!) and has since got another one. Her husband has also got one… That’s how nice they ride. Really lovely bikes. (Oh and yes, we do look very special if when we go riding together!)

mingsta
    Free Member

I’ve got a Ti456 and its ace.

Daffy

I’ve personally seen two failed Ti456s and am pretty happy I dont have one anymore.

TBH I prefer my steel Indy Fab.

NZCol

I have a Serotta TiMax 29er which i got off someone on here. Its fantastic. My bike mechanic friend who works for a few pro teams etc was visibly excited when he got to take it apart and rebuild it. He also had a cheaper hardtail (26″) in there at the time and spent a while looking at welds and tube diameters etc and the way they were butted. He’s like that. And proclaimed that the more you spend the better quality the tubing is, the welding is and most importantly the alignment is. I just like the way it rides and some of that is to do with the Ti-ness-ism.
    Then again, i had an older Litespeed Unicoi which was like riding one of those bendy straw things.

nsaints
    Free Member

Van Nicholas Mamtor for me
    Not missing my Pace one bit..

DSCN0529

Mamtor 2

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these:

But three of my mates have too!

mike_p
    Free Member

Can’t see myself ever owning an On-one/Ragley TBH, no matter what they produce… I am most definitely not “one of them”

Those Van Nics look the business tho’, nsaints’ Mamtor is a beaut

Sanny
    Free Member

Daffy

Of the two failed 456 Ti’s you saw, did they fail at the weld for the disc mounts so that the frame became an On Two? One of my mates had that happen to him in Switzerland. Shame as it is a nice looking bike and you have to applaud any manufacturer that can produce Ti bikes at prices which are a wee bit more affordable than Ti is known for. 😀

I’ve a Hummer. It’s ok but it just doesn’t make me smile as much as my Turner. Almost every time I ride it, I’ll reach a point on the ride where I’d rather be on the full susser. It’s a shame as it’s a really nice frame and nice to ride but hey ho. Such is the fickle nature of bike riding! 😕

Cheers

Sanny

pedr0
    Free Member

Anyone know the weight of the Whyte Ti?

theflatboy
    Free Member

??????
    Whyte Tis,
    Burning like fire
    Whyte Tis
    how can you close and fail
    ??????

Dibbs
    Free Member

Anyone know the weight of the Whyte Ti?

I never bothered to weigh the frame, but I weighed the complete bike last week with the Park scales in my LBS and it came out at 21lb 8oz (a bit heavier than I expected considering its a SS).
    I’ll have to weigh the alloy one now and see how they compare.

Daffy

Of the two failed 456 Ti’s you saw, did they fail at the weld for the disc mounts so that the frame became an On Two?

Yup, exact same place.

sillyoldman

Litespeeds are on sale at Alpine Bikes.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Can’t see myself ever owning an On-one/Ragley TBH, no matter what they produce… I am most definitely not “one of them”

it’s a bike.

avdave2

I think Whyte site has a weight of 24.8 lbs for both the Ti and the alloy 19 for a medium frame excluding pedals.

richc
    Free Member

The Mamtor looks good, anyone seen any reviews on them? especially considering they work out at around £820 from Van Nichols direct.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I’ve got a Moots Rigormootis which I’m pleased with, probably considered a bit old fashioned now – what with only being designed to have 80mm of travel up front. Still a classic though.

martinxyz
    Free Member

daveplanetx
    Free Member

van nicholas are producing a ti 456 and ti 29er for us , the two preproduction samples have tipped up last week , are being built today , and well take them down to bike radar live so if anyone wants to have a try then feel free to come round

itll be interesting to compare lynskey / good ole usa production / quality vs van nicholas china production .

lets just say pricing on van nicholas chinese made frames is going to be exceptional

production should be 8 weeks away after samples approved , assuming samples get approved

thinking about it well build up a ti 456 lynskey and a ti 456 van nicholas , with exact same specs , and then compare and contrast – anyone wanting a go just get down to bikeradar

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Ti frame…’ is closed to new replies.