Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2.3 tyre recommendations
  • Soup
    Free Member

As above. Want to try out 2.3s, but will need them as a good do it all tyre until winter. If it helps, mostly for riding around Surrey Hills / North Downs area. Thanks in advance.

stevede
    Free Member

Specialized eskar 2.3 on the front (2.2 maxxis crossmark rear). Very pleasantly surprised by just how good a tyre the eskar is, not fast rolling, especially if on the road but off road i can't recommend it enough, £23 and tubeless ready with sealant added.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Continental Verticals are proving to be good for me. Cheap too.

Simon

I'm using Eskars at the moment, really like them tubeless.
    I'm in Yorkshire so they may be shite where you are, and they are HUGE, by far the biggest 2.3 tyre I've ever used, wide and tall.

peteimpreza

WTB Weirwolfs. Fast rolling despite the tread pattern and good grip. Will tolerate a certain amount of mud as well.

snakebite
    Free Member

I'm quite liking the new Bonty XR4 TUBELESS….grips very well and rolls much better than other 2.3's I've tried

fuzzhead
    Free Member

+1 for Eskars

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

eskars also

qwerty
    Free Member

Michelin Mountain AT 2.2"

£16.99

don't be a slave to 2.3" cos they vary between brands on their idea of size

pastcaring
    Free Member

Michelin Mountain AT 2.2"

this tyre is crap! tried the more expensive version (same tread pattern) there isn't any grip while cornering.

Soup
    Free Member

Sounds like Eskars win then? Front and rear?

james
    Free Member

Whose 2.3" tyre?

A 2.3" Continental (smaller than some 2.1") is a very different sized tyre to a 2.3" Specialized (bigger than some 2.5") for eg

AJ
    Free Member

round rubber ones

PJM1974
    Free Member

I'm full of love for my Maxxis Ardents right now.

Soup
    Free Member

Open to suggestions. Currently running Spesh 1.9s and want to try a larger volume tyre. 2.2s could do. Just want to see what difference they make.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

2.25 Advantage- bigger than some 2.3

genghispod
    Free Member

Kenda Small Block Eights for you. Light and fast; use them on my hack bike. Front and rear. Very very fast and not just summer tyres either.

djp7323
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardents, 2.25. Not long changed fron mud tyres but they seem very grippy and fast. I also decided to go a bit bigger myself and havin loads of fun around where i ride in the chilterns.

brooess
    Free Member

I rag around Surrey Hills with Panaracer Rampage 2.35. They never break away, maybe a bit draggy but I ride them all year round without probs

sweepy
    Free Member

I like the conti verticals im using now much more than the speedkings they replaced

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2.3 tyre recommendations’ is closed to new replies.