Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2.1 Ignitor exc ! How narrow ?
  • downthemiddle
    Free Member

How does these stack up in real world xc riding ? Just bought an exception series 2.1 one for my xc race bike to put on the front with a Crossmark on the back, and the Crossmark 2.1 dwarfs the new 2.1 Ignitor width wise, it looks like a Cyclocross tyre! and bear in mind that the Crossmark is underwidth for the stated 2.1, I bought the Ignitor from my lbs, and I only fitted it and took it off straight away.
    But for any XC race guys, how does it perform despite looking wrong ? I know most people will say try it and then pass judgement, but if I try it then I cant take it back and swap it. As it is, its brand new and my LBS who are very amenable will deffo swap it for something less skinny. But if they get a glowing report then I may just take a punt and try it and risk wasting £30. It will be for XC marathon use

sambob
    Free Member

I really liked mine, superb all year round tyre. Had an Advantage on the front and Ignitor on the back for winter, then put the Ignitor on the fron and a Conti RaceKing on the back (loved the raceking but it was too thin for the Peaks). Probably get another one for summer. So basically, ignore the fact it looks small, they’re quick and drift predictably when they do let go.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Was that a 2.1 sambob ? I remember owning a 2.35 ignitor a while back and it looking normal. I doubt this new 2.1 would be much over 1.8 !

sambob
    Free Member

It was a 2.1, but it was while back, so the sizing might have changed a bit. I’ll have a look now.

sambob
    Free Member

Verdict: yes it is a bit small, but the actual casing isn’t that small, just the tread is quite narrow.

hughjengin
    Free Member

I just bought one of the forums here. It is undersized when I set it up, I also will be interested in how it rides

lucien

I’ve got 2.1 Ignitors (Tubeless)on an Inbred, and they are awesome tyres. Run them all your round, and grippy as sh*t to a blanket. They look like they come up narrow when you look at them, however as I’ve hadno problems with grip I’ve not really thought about it too much. The outer casing and tread very tough.

I like them so much, I’ve just bought a pair of 1.9’s to replace them with…. 😯

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2.1 Ignitor exc ! How narrow ?’ is closed to new replies.