Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 21 days to Kielder
  • radoggair
    Free Member

Nearly 20.
    How we all feeling guys and girls. Training been good or bad.

21 days, times went so quick since the 100 days to kielder thread

warton
    Free Member

not bad.

not really training, but spending a lot of 5+ hours on the road bike. going up to kielder next weekend to get in 50ish miles. any more on the bike is hard, I've got a three month old son..

I'll finish this year (barring mechanicals) but I'm not going to be fast. weather looks a lot better too (fingers crossed)

cpsilver

I had the arse numbing of a 159 mile road ride last weekend and since i really have not bothered to do any training this week. I may go tomorrow. …thanks for the reminder its only 20 days to go.

miketually
    Free Member

Is that all? Poo.

I did 65 miles at Hit The north. And 90 minutes yesterday.

It's going to be a long one again…

dickydutch

Youve got the ruthless mindset though mike! 😀

paul4stones

At least it's been dry today. Yesterday's rain made me all nostalgic.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow – great training! I am going to Annecy and taking my bike so might go and explore Semnoz forest which is supposed to be fun. Maybe some altitude training 😉

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Well I have managed nearly 22 flat miles on old railway tracks in the last 3 days!!
    Thankfully it seems the lung infection* has gone and I can start to ramp up the effort…

How long does it take to prepare for a 100 mile off road ride? (this is where you leap in and say 3 weeks 🙂 )

I am hoping my sheer bloody mindedness helps me through the day because my ruthless training schedule (does 160 miles a month, yes month not week, count as ruthless?) may not help as much as I hoped…

Still wouldn't swap our gorgeous baby girl** for anything. And last years dislocated shoulder*** taking me off the bike for ages was just a chance to do different stuff for a bit.

*excuse number 1
    **excuse number 2
    ***excuse number 3 😉

warton
    Free Member

I'd say the pros would be tapering for two to three weeks, ride as much as you can, lay off the final week, you'll be fine

trusslebabes
    Free Member

I'll be having a long ride out on thursday this week and then tapering down, worked towards this event all year so am about as prepared as i'll get. Very excited now really ready for it 😀

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I've not quite got the miles in I would have liked, but all in all ready to rock and roll. Done nothing for last 4 days, doin a 60 mile road ride tommorra, then a gradual taper (I think).
    My Mrs has volunteered to marshall, so she is getting nervous too!?

It's gonna be fun.

Trekster

As Duncan Banatyne would say "I am out"

Drac

Oh dear Trekster how you do that?

Diane
    Free Member

Get better Trekster – and to think no air!

miketually
    Free Member

Oh dear Trekster, that doesn't look good.

I had a little ride out to Swaledale yesterday. Rode from home to Hurst, off Fremington Edge, over Low Moor, up Surrender to Great Pinseat, up to the top of Gunnerside and then down to Low Row and along the road to Dales Bike Centre at Fremington (map), then had a chat with Stu followed by a coffee and panini and then home (map).

Gorgeous sunny day and the trail down the east side of Gunnerside Gill was a new one to me. 117km in 9:40 and felt pretty good.

warton
    Free Member

had a good weekend for training actually…

70 miles friday, hilly, out to blanch;land from newcastle and back in via corbridge.

85 yesterday out to Elsdon via lots of hills, feel really good today, so things are looking better than last year…

all on the road though. Plan is to do a couple of 40s this week, and then do 60 odd miles in Kielder on monday on the MTB

glenncampbell

Haven't had much time free to get lots of miles in or lots of distance – am going to try and rack those up in the next couple of weeks and hope for the best! Also manic with work either side of the race which isn't looking good 🙁

postierich
    Free Member

Just converting my geared bike into a singlespeed after a drunken boast it would be a piece of piss on a SS 😯
    Wimping out with boingy things at the front.

In good condition @ the moment so looking forward to it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘21 days to Kielder’ is closed to new replies.