• This topic has 137 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • 2015 Giant TCX SLR mutterings
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Fervouredimage, you ridden either of them? (or at least the 2014 TCX?) They are quite different to ride so could be an easy decision.

I’ve ridden a 14 TCX which I really liked. I haven’t ridden a Caadx but am a fan of Cannondale’s generally and got on well with my Caad8 I used to have (before it was nicked!).

How does the ride differ between the two, do you find?

Houns

Oh. Dear. God

I’ve opened a Jamie’s can’t decide on a new bike thread

😥

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve opened a Jamie’s can’t decide on a new bike thread

Oh, I know what I am getting. This is more of a general CX bike discussion thread.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There appears to be some pics of the Pinnacle 2015 SS here https://www.flickr.com/photos/67338272@N05/14467263524

househusband

Oh, I know what I am getting.

The anticipation is overwhelming.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Oh, I know what I am getting.

Which will be?

Jamie
    Free Member

There appears to be some pics of the Pinnacle 2015 SS here https://www.flickr.com/photos/67338272@N05/14467263524

Where did you find those pics, Horatio? Looks quite nifty machine.

Which will be?

Not going to say till I’ve bought something. I don’t think Houns could take it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not going to say till I’ve bought something

Bloody spoilsport 😆

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve made my purchase. Perversely it’s definitely NOT a CX bike nor is it one of those “gravel grinder” jobbies.

Waiting to get it with bated breath.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

A club mate turned up with a Giant TCX Advanced pro.1 for this season, replacing his rather fetching pink Specialized.

The Giant is really, really impressive. It looks stunning in real life, (clearly the most important factor), and rides like a dream.

He’s now racing it in China for the Swedish U23 team in the first UCI race of the new season.

Want one lots.

Jamie
    Free Member

The 2015 one?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Yup, bloody lovely.

Jamie
    Free Member

Funny how Giant dropped SRAM hydros, as soon as the Shimano RS685 were available.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So is there actualy going to be any bikes in the shops with the new 105 hydro’s this year?

CRC/Wiggle/Etc are showing November/December deliverly dates for aftermarket parts.

Jamie
    Free Member

So is there actualy going to be any bikes in the shops with the new 105 hydro’s this year?

Yes.

As an aside, the Shimano RS685, while they are a non-series product, are pitched as Ultegra level.

CRC/Wiggle/Etc are showing November/December deliverly dates for aftermarket parts.

Because the manufacturers got them first.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Another tempting option for C2W/CX bikes from Focus:

£999 with alloy frame, full carbon fork, through axles front and rear. Its a shame it has Tiagra shifters, but I guess they could be bumped off for a Shimano hydraulic disc upgrade later on.

There is also a £1200 model with 105 and Tektro HYRDs and a £1500 model with SRAM Hydraulics.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have the 2014 version and it’s amazeballs.. I’ve cracked Hampshire on it already whilst in training for this coming season..
    I’ve got Grifo’s on it and they’re ace. I really should post a pic up on it instead of using stock photo’s.. maybe tonight.. .
    Mine clearly isn’t this clean, it’s a muckyBouy but loving the ride and I’ve changed the inner ring from 36 to 34 and thinking of going 12/30, maybe 34 on the back..
    White bartape and saddle on mine are looking a mix of chalk grey and sweat..

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm that bike is available at Rutland discounted to a little over two grand. Very tempting!

Have you got the SRAM hydros back on there?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Let’s see if this upload works..

Awe, wheres Jamie when you need him?? 😳

weeksy

Mmmmm that blue Giant thing is a pretty bike !

bikebouy
    Free Member

mrblobby, me?

Yes the replacement hydros from SRAM, took an age to get them but yes, 2015 versions. You may want to check, there maybe a wait from SRAM for replacements but think they should all be done by now.

It’s ace, have I said that?? 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Let’s see if this upload works..

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^^ Ohh taverrrrymuchly..

That’s my dirtyBouy at home.. 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm that bike is available at Rutland discounted to a little over two grand. Very tempting!

Ah bugger, now found it even cheaper at a LBS, available in my size too 😕

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone know when the Arkose 4 will be in the shops or on the Evans site? ‘mid August’ has been and gone.

Quite fancy having a look to see if it could take guards for my muddy commute.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone know when the Arkose 4 will be in the shops or on the Evans site? ‘mid August’ has been and gone.

More up to date info on this thread:

Pinnacle Arkose Three (jameso to the forum please)

atlaz
    Free Member

This is what I got in the end

I’ve got it as a winter commuter as it can take racks, guards and 32c tyres. Steel frame and fork seem to be a little less harsh than my Synapse which is a surprise but not a bad one. It’s not the lightest thing but it stops well. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of doubletap gears but I’ve only had one ride so far so it’s early days.

Oh, and the spoke reflectors are already gone 🙂

thedude
    Free Member

I was sure I was getting the arkrose 4 for £1250 but now I have seen this for £1311.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s red 😀

…a lot of kit for the money. I assume you in Europe somewhere, thedude? As not seen no info on the bike in the UK.

thedude
    Free Member

I’m in the UK, they £1400 from what I can see over here. The spec is very good indeed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ is that the Cube thingy? (can’t see photo here)

Looks VGV, worth a punt I reckon 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Found it on Bike Discount. Available week 40, so same time Arkose 4 around mid-october.

Does look a ridiculous spec for £1311.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Can’t go wrong with that.

I think I spotted a photo of it on Grit.CX the other day and thought “hmmm, niiioce”

There are a few photos >> take a peek.

Jamie
    Free Member

Click pic to see hoooooge version.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I Like it, I like it quite a lot 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Apparently the frame is made by Syntace, then shipped over to Cube who bolt the fancy bits on it.

Welds look a bit ‘purposeful’, but other than that, it looks a beast.

Looks like the choice of 2, has become 3.

😛

iainc

a lot more ‘racy’ than the gravel type Arkose, Croix De Fer etc. Good timing for cx season though 🙂 quite red though !

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

10kg seems heavy when the Rose Ultegra is 9kg http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-pro-dx-cross-3000-2014/aid:692362

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, I’d change:

The RR’s for something more suitable like Challenge Limus or Grifo’s
    Bar Tape from Black to Red to match the bike.
    Slam that stem.
    XTR Spuds.
    Swing that seatpost clamp the other way.
    Bar Tape as chainstay protector.

Then ride it hard.

Jamie
    Free Member

10kg seems heavy when the Rose Ultegra is 9kg http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-pro-dx-cross-3000-2014/aid:692362

Rose are supposed to be getting back to me on their 2015 models. They are the last manufacturer I was waiting for before splurging.

Edit: As if by magic, I got an email.

Frame and fork will be the same as 2014, but the spec list is not going published for a 1 or 2.

Boo!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘2015 Giant TCX SLR mutterings’ is closed to new replies.