Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2015 Cube Reaction GTC SL Press BB replacement?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Is anyone able to advise here. I have the above bike and the BB started creaking towards the end of the summer. It has a Shimano XT hollowtech crank, but I am unsure what BB I need to purchase. Are there any options on the market which may tackle the dreaded creak I hear from so many people?

martymac

Hope do a replacement which screws in, the two halves screw together then it takes standard ht2 cranks. I can’t remember the part number.
    It spins noticeably more freely than the original shimano one it replaced.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Hope do a replacement which screws in, the two halves screw together then it takes standard ht2 cranks. I can’t remember the part number.
    It spins noticeably more freely than the original shimano one it replaced.

Thanks! That sounds like a much better bet.

martymac

I wasn’t getting any creaking, but im heavy and that sorta preyed on my mind, so i just replaced it before it wore the bearings or anything. I think it was around £70.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I wasn’t getting any creaking, but im heavy and that sorta preyed on my mind, so i just replaced it before it wore the bearings or anything. I think it was around £70.

Did you also purchase the required installation tool?

jonnyboi

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/shimano-xt-mt800-mtb-press-fit-bottom-bracket/rp-prod135902

I have the same frame and put one of these in when I built it up. No issues so far but I consider press fit BBs fairly consumable items

martymac

Ah, no I didn’t buy the tool, i used the ‘donuts for tools’ exchange program in my lbs to install it

flanagaj
    Free Member

I have the same frame and put one of these in when I built it up. No issues so far but I consider press fit BBs fairly consumable items

Ta.

I do like the Hope one, but BB + tool = £110. Pretty pricey.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2015 Cube Reaction GTC SL Press BB replacement?’ is closed to new replies.