Viewing 40 posts - 3,801 through 3,840 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Eastmond and Burns to have Nonu running at them all day will they cope. Morgan is great ball in hand but as said will be blowing out their arses.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nonu will be hoping to get a crack at Chippy

tinybits
    Free Member

It’s going to be embarrassing.
    front row, one lock, one or two back row, scrum half, fly half inside centre and wings….. All probably not 1st choices (ok, wings could be in a year)
    An absolute kicking coming.

anagallis_arvensis

Chippy?
    English locks are fine front row and backrow could be a problem.

Launchbury and Parling as well as Brown are the only three who stand comparison with their opposite numbers. How are the Hookers darts, Bath always look weak in lineouts the few times I’ve seen them…although maybe I am just distracted by the man god on the bench.

tinybits
    Free Member

Webers not too shabby and the bath line out seems to be ok, however he’s never thrown to any of the jumpers.
    Parling is good, I can see him pushing laws and launchberry very hard for a starting spot for the next few years so I was being unfair on the locks.
    Still a kicking on the way mind!

Oh and no kicker either, not even 3 pointers to keep us close. Burns was 3rd choice kicker (when he was selected) for Glocester!!

duckman

Why are England not starting with a super 27.5 team? Scottish Exiles are going to kill them and it will be a pointless exercise. Cipriani will get plenty game time judging by that NZ back row.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chippy?

I just made it up, Cipriani, seems to sum up his (totally unwarranted)cocky attitude

Hopefully someone will post the supposedly hilarious (Farrell senior’s quote) video of Care injuring himself.

Pigface
    Free Member

On rugbydump Rene Ranger runs over Henry Slade 😆 fair play to young Henry he is a tough bugger.

Houns

Enjoying this game so far, smash ’em England!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Very cagey so far but england doing very well. NZ cynical as usual at the start. Nonu should have had a 10 min rest.

anagallis_arvensis

Sky spurts in full froth mode.

anagallis_arvensis

Come on Cippers!!@

anagallis_arvensis

Looked like a try to me

Tom-B
    Free Member

Gah so close yet so far. Bodes well for next year I guess. Hopefully we can win at least one of the remaining two!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well how wrong I was. Will have to dig put a replay. Fair play to England for not being overawed, it sounds like NZ where just a bit too smart at the end there. I hope the press dig out the NZer who didn’t know the names of any of the England squad and see what he has to say now.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good job but tough result to take. Looks like the so-called B team might give our A team quite a match. Only saw 2nd half when rain stripped my tennis but we really took it to them. Morgan was brilliant and were some of the young guys.

Hats off to Lancaster – he is building strength in depth at just the right time. I was expecting us to get mullered up front and yet we were mashing them in the scrum for a while.

Hats off to the AB too, by hook or by crook they know how to win,

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OF must be getting bit jittery now.

A few reputations and positions in the line after that, including dare I say it for once, dear Nigel. Not his best match by all accounts.

anagallis_arvensis

What did the ref do wrong? Sky spurts were outraged by the yellow for Yarde but it was a stone cold yellow.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It was mention either Nige or Gavin to see if you were riding or not AA!?! 😉 The weather must be bad with you too!

anagallis_arvensis

So you havent seen the game, but england lost so the ref gets a negative write up.. it was ever thus.

In other news

Eastern Province Kings: Hansie Graaff; Siviwe Soyizwapi, Ronnie Cooke, Shane Gates, Scott van Breda; George Whitehead, Kevin Luiter; Lizo Gqoboka, Edgar Marutlulle, Charl du Plessis, Darron Nell, Cameron Lindsay, Thembelani Bholi, Paul Schoemnan, Devin Oosthuizen.

Replacements: Alb? de Swardt, BG Uys, Simon Kerrod, Steven Cummins, Stefan Willemse, Jaco Grobler, Dwayne Jenner, Ntabeni Dukisa.

Wales: Matthew Morgan (Ospreys); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues), Steven Shingler (Scarlets), Jordan Williams (Scarlets); James Hook (Perpignan), Rhodri Williams (Scarlets); Paul James (Bath), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (capt, Racing Metro), Dan Baker (Ospreys), Josh Turnbull (Scarlets).

Replacements: Matthew Rees (Cardiff Blues), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Gareth Davies (Scarlets), George North (Northampton Saints), Liam Williams (Scarlets).

Hope the Kings are too shit to think of putting high balls on Nipper Morgan all day.
    For those that dont know him, he’s the midget fella who makes Shane look bulky and tall. The boks will break him.
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fh_IZk52o[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No, saw half the game. Have no problem with Yarde yellow. But both NZ and Eng commentators note that dear Nige was not on top form. Even the best have bad or not-as-good-as-usual days.

Not in any way suggesting that England lost because of the ref, but smile at the sensitivity/reaction….it is ever thus!

ekul
    Free Member

Agreed. We didn’t lose because of Owens, and if it had been any other ref it’d have been expected for a few inconsistent decisions. It was just surprising that a man who is usually the benchmark for refereeing standards in rugby was so inconsistent. Marland yarde should have been binned, but then so should maa nonu who didn’t release may on the line 5 minutes earlier. And then there was nonu holding back Haskell, fair enough if he hadn’t seen it and played on, that’s rugby, but to have actually seen it, given the penalty and left it otherwise unpunished didn’t seem right for a blatant professional foul. I’m sure duckman can shed more light on this?

Otherwise a great game despite lack of tries! Everyone really stepped up and burns was outstanding for a man who’s supposedly just filling in despite being out of form. Lancaster really does seem to have a knack for extracting the best out of players that aren’t in great form.

tinybits
    Free Member

Unfortunately I missed this due to ill kids, but it appears I was wrong. Looks good for Leicester next season as well, if the half backs and Manu can do that against the all blacks, we should do ok against the premiership sides!
    From what I’ve heard, the ref pinged England correctly, however everyone’s saying that the all blacks somehow seem to get away with more, in particular in regard to yellows. It was ever thus.
    How did Scotland / Wales get on?

anagallis_arvensis

Marland yarde should have been binned, but then so should maa nonu who didn’t release may on the line 5 minutes earlier. 

Wasnt Nonu he’d gone off. The non release by Fekitoa was far more marginal as he was on his feet competing. The Yarde one was blatant killing the ball.
    But then if you dont know the names of the players involved I’m sure you dont know better than the ref…

Bear
    Free Member

AA you’re defence of anything remotely anti English is as tiresome as all the other ABU put together. How do you manage to keep it up?

anagallis_arvensis

Its easy I just question peoples opinions and then they show no substance behind them.
    The english whinging like, well, whinging poms is also quite funny.

Eastmond played quite well he certainly adds something to a back line. Tuilagi was fantastic too. Some big choices for Lancaster next week. Burns, Eastmond, Morgan, Parling all played well and dont deserve to be dropped. The Hask was excellent too.
    May looks like a disaster waiting to happen though.

anagallis_arvensis

Oh and ekul I am pretty sure the touch judge called the holding back and the ref didnt see it so he would have to go on his call. Should have been a yellow though as I said at the time on this thread. Hate the All Blacks for their cynical cheating ways.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lancaster was pretty sensible on the ref, he says he’ll be speaking to the chief ref but as Engkad didn’t control territory when they ha pd the chance with Yarde off they need to look at themselves first before complaining about the ref. Yes a win at Eden Park wild have been historic but it’s only a tour match and it’s great for the squad building to heave been competitive and lead the match for decent periods of time,

anagallis_arvensis

So more bitching about the ref without any analysis of what he did wrong. You poms!!!

Kryton57

I genuinely thought AA was Welsh!

Pigface
    Free Member

I genuinely thought AA was Welsh!

On the weekends he is what ever you want him to be 😉

Some interesting thoughts here on the performance in Auckland

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=80

anagallis_arvensis

They have to pay for that Pigface!!@

tinybits
    Free Member

Coe on AA, this has mostly been a great thread, enough of the blatant wind ups, they’re not even clever enough to be amusing.

anagallis_arvensis

So its a blatant wind up to ask people to explain why they think the ref was poor or question the judgement of someone who doesnt even know who the player involved in an incident was…. right.

You english are always so hard done by. Walsh robbed us, Owens robbed us, Cueto’s foot wasnt in touch. Blah blah blah…dont let facts stand in the way of a good whine!!

anagallis_arvensis

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/headlines.cfm?c_id=80

So to summarise they think NZ played shit?
    They were right about Tuilagi though he owned their mid field.

DezB
    Free Member

What did the ref do wrong? Sky spurts were outraged by the yellow for Yarde but it was a stone cold yellow.

If you heard the Sky Spurts (Oh my SIDES!!!) commentator complaining about the Yarde yellow, then surely you heard why he was complaining? Not because he didn’t think that was a yellow, but because of the inconsistency of not giving Nonu a yellow for a previous incident on the NZ try-line.

Personally, I think England were damn lucky the All Blacks put out a load of old boys instead of the hungry young players that have been showing form in the Super Rugby. We would never have looked so good otherwise.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You english are always so hard done by. Walsh robbed us, Owens robbed us, Cueto’s foot wasnt in touch. Blah blah blah…dont let facts stand in the way of a good whine!!

Jesus a-a, have you any idea how that sounds when read back?

Anyway, no one is stealing the green machine’s spot on the throne of being hard done by. 😀

(Though I do love Steve Walsh…he gave us the 6N.)

tinybits
    Free Member

Jesus a-a, have you any idea how that sounds when read back?
    [/quote]

+1, come on man, grow up.

ekul
    Free Member

1st sentence I said was that we didn’t lose because of the ref! Tbh never at any point in the game did I actually think we were going to win it. I was merely expressing my surprise at the apparent inconsistencies of Owen’ refereeing given that he is usually completely flawless! No need to get at het up about it.

Sorry I didn’t get the names right either AA, I had forgotten who exactly was responsible in between the game finishing and actually posting. I was out playing rugby.

Pigface
    Free Member

Woah you saes boys, see you dont like it you do you 😆

AA cant help it us Welshies are genetically programmed to give it out to the english at any opportunity, its not personal its just how we are 😉

We are going to be humped by South Africa so we need to take our pleasure where we find it 😆

From what I have read (havent seen the game) england did very well, NZ were a bit slow and looking old but did just enough to sneak the win. Has Burns ever played better?

Big question about that result is not about england at all but what will Steve Hansen do, will he have the guts to drop some of the fading stars or try and squeeze on last World Cup out of them, either way the press in NZ are going to hammer him.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,801 through 3,840 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.