Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2009 – what a ride…
  • Smee
    Free Member

… thank **** its just about over.

How has you year been?

JoeBones
    Free Member

Terrible,

Absoloutely fluckin awful, good riddasnce 2009!

JoeBones
    Free Member

Divirce, business running bad, no cycling, back problems, ex wife punched me and broke my glasses and now has a non molestation order, access to my children being frustrated, paid off over 20 employees and struggled to make everything I have worked for the last ten years survive the credit crunch.

ton

been a good year for me.
    became a grandad, rode shed loads of stuff i have never rode, met and road with loads of people off here.

all good. 8)

JoeBones
    Free Member

Did I forget to mention that terrorism has reared its ugly head here again with two Sappers and a Policeman gunned down by the enemies of Ireland.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

LOL.

2009 and will go down in my annals as a year to forget (and yes, I do appreciate the irony of that).

To write it all down would take until NYE next year!

2010 will get worse, but should end better. If it doesn't, than can I suggest a 2010 NYE suicide club – I know the place and the method (won't hurt a bit).

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thank **** 2009 is (nearly) over.

I lost both my Dad (Cancer) and Mum (Dementia) within 18 days of each other.

The wife lost her only close Auntie in between as well.

Hurry up 2010, it can't get any worse………

Smee
    Free Member

Well JC i can assure you that that will never happen again. Having lost a parent I kind of know how it feels…

Gary_C

First 8 months of 2009 superb… 😀

Since then….shit…..

Kiril
    Free Member

Absolutely terrible year; highlighted by the fact that at 10.35 on NYE I'm posting on here…(Just an observation about me and not you!)

I really hope it gets better

Smee
    Free Member

No offence – I know I'm a sad scunthorpe tonight.

JoeBones
    Free Member

It will

takisawa2

Low's…blow-out & the car rolling in July. Still thanking him upstairs that me & the boys walked away from it. Being on short time for 10 months. Having to have my dog put to sleep in January, Wife swears he's still around scratching at the door etc.

High's…Eldest starting School. Getting my El-Ciclion. Every day I got to drop the boys at Nursery with the trailer. Great hol in Cornwall in June.

bigsi
    Free Member

Work wise its been bloody shit, if it gets any worse in 2010 then I'm going to pack in being an Independent Mortgage Advisor and go and work for someone else as it affects every aspect of life.

Riding wise its been quite good, went fully 29er and am riding better than i have before and enjoying it more. Did an awesome weekend in Afan back in April plus a few enduros which i enjoyed.

Just hope the work picks up in 2010 as i really don't want to have to go and work for someone else 🙁

TN
    Free Member

Well, it was better than 2008 but – apart from getting married in May – 2009 wasn't all that great. Lots of bad news happened and it was, on the whole, a bloody tough year. I know 2010 has rough things to come so not looking forward to it so much. I am hoping, at best, for 'mostly uneventful'. That'll do me…

TN
    Free Member

Gawd, I sound awfully pessimistic. I'm not. Honest.

morpheus
    Free Member

2009 is paradise in comparision to whats to come.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

JohnClimber – Member
    Thank **** 2009 is (nearly) over.

I lost both my Dad (Cancer) and Mum (Dementia) within 18 days of each other.

The wife lost her only close Auntie in between as well.

Hurry up 2010, it can't get any worse………

I know exactly how you feel mate , although my shit year was 2008 .. lost both my parents within 8 weeks of each other … i`m feeling your pain …. hope 2010 is better for you ..
    Lows for me = being on a 3 day week since before last christmas .. yeah count it … short time now for over a year .. really starting to feel it now …

lyons
    Free Member

Average year. Didn't ride enough, I've got fat, hated my job, been unemployed twice.

On the plus, I really enjoyed the riding I did I became self employed, and just had some good times.

This year, I get the fitness back.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

good and bad, parents split up, but i started racing…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2009 – what a ride…’ is closed to new replies.